UO Lost Lands is a free shard that aims to replicate Ultima Online largely as it was during the T2A era. On UO Lost Lands, we keep the base mechanics of the era, while taking common sense into consideration and striving to perfect the era. The shard's basic mechanics are firmly rooted in the T2A era (1999), with the exception of bugs and exploits.
Our shard offers a Felucca only ruleset, which means player action is never restricted, Ultima Online is a full sandbox experience.
Since the beginning, UO Lost Lands has been focused on creating a community, which has steadily gained players. Although we are not the biggest shard, we have plenty of activity in our PvM, PvP and RP communities. Utmost care has gone into our basic mechanics, and countless hours have gone into creating quality systems for players of any amount of UO experience to get involved in.
Our staff are second to none, we are friendly and willing to hear our your ideas or complaints about how we can improve the shard. Backed by talented coders, UO Lost Lands can go as far as the imagination.
A Shard By Players, For Players
UO Lost Lands is brought to you by UO veterans of over 15 years. Like many others, we have experienced the good and the bad of Ultima Online. As such, we are dedicated to bringing a great game experience. We have worked slowly toward creating both a fun and authentic experience, taking care with each change we make. The shard will continue to see content updates and mechanical adjustments from our passionate staff.
UO Lost Lands aims to include the better parts of RunUO customization, with systems that promote longevity of player interest. This includes regular scheduled events of both PvM and PvP varieties, rare collectibles and monsters, a fully fledged achievement system and a very extensive long term reward system, where rewards must be earned.
- Maximum amount of 3 accounts per player. Additional accounts will be banned. If you have more than one person playing from your household and want additional accounts, you must talk to staff first.
- Unattended macroing is okay. What is not okay, is the unattended gathering of resources.
- Unattended gathering of resources in the game is illegal. This includes mining, lumberjacking, sheep shearing, picking cotton and fishing (It is okay to fish unattended from land ). First offense will be a warning, second temporary, third will be a permanent ban.
- Players must use the official UO client or ClassicUO. Other non EA/OSI clients are disallowed.
- Houses decay in 14 days if not refreshed. Boats are on the same timer.
- Scripting with any other tool than Razor is illegal.
Skill Gain Rate
A commonly asked question is how fast skills gain here. A rough guide is below:
- Lore skills take between 18-24 hours.
- Blacksmithy takes around 30-40k ingots, carpentry around 80k boards.
- Weapon skills take around 12 hours.
- Magery should cost around 80k to GM, and take about a day and a half to macro.
- Animal taming is slow, an optimal time for this is not yet known. With regular play and a determination to GM animal taming, it would probably take around a week.
- Bardic skills take around 24 hours. Musicianship takes around 10.
UO Lost Lands includes a power hour feature, which allows players to accelerate their skill gain for 1 hour, each day.
Key Differences in T2A from other eras
The Second Age expansion (T2A) is the era we aim to replicate, as such, we have listed the major differences in play here.
- You may own 1 house per character.
- A tamer can have as many pets as they like. There are no follower caps.
- There are no special hits (ie: stun punch, paralyzing blow).
- Poison can be healed through using magery or heal potions.
- There is no "defensive wrestling" bonus (anatomy + eval).
- There are no combat bonuses to characters with skills such as alchemy, lumberjacking, poisoning or inscription.
- Nearly all player loot drops to corpse on death. Items are usually fairly easily replaceable, gear matters much less in T2A than other eras.
- Houses have a much lower lockdown/secure limit. However, items do not decay in houses, so houses essentially have near unlimited storage. Be careful with the security of your house, if a thief gets hold of your house key, you could potentially lose your belongings!
- Player vs Player action is not restricted. However if a player murders too much, they will suffer a skill and stat penalty upon resurrection. This is up to a maximum of 20%.
- Aggressors and criminals are not restricted from using moongates or recalling.
- Clothing and jewelry can come with many charged magical affixes, such as invisibility, spell reflect, teleportation and stat buff clothing and jewelry.
- Many skills that became "difficulty based" in later eras, were not difficulty based in T2A. Most notably, this includes Provocation. With GM in musicianship, your chance of successfully provoking is equal to that of your Provocation skill.
- Spells can be "precast". You can cast a spell, then equip an item or use a potion, for example, without losing your spell target.
- If your melee swing is ready, you can immediately swing a weapon after equipping it. This is commonly referred to as "insta hit" (although is technically "insta swing").
Try us, you won't be disappointed
Log in today, join our friendly community - make UO Lost Lands your new home!