Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,080
» Latest member: Adamcar123
» Forum threads: 1,351
» Forum posts: 6,746

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 425 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 423 Guest(s)
Bing, Yandex

Latest Threads
Forum is now locked.
Forum: Latest News
Last Post: Jack
04-22-2021, 05:17 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3,460
New Players: Use discord!
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Xandorf
04-13-2021, 04:00 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 3,413
Training Notes: Alchemy a...
Forum: Guides
Last Post: Lil Jimmy
03-18-2021, 08:15 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 4,581
Razor settings not saving
Forum: Tech Support
02-17-2021, 07:20 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 12,782
Bonding Pets
Forum: New Player Questions
02-17-2021, 07:17 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 5,018
Thief Guildmaster spawned...
Last Post: JaysUnderw
11-26-2020, 10:08 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 9,864
Stirring in the Deep, pt1
Forum: Shard Events
Last Post: a pirate captain
11-05-2020, 10:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2,903
a few questions from a ne...
Last Post: Jusegozu
10-11-2020, 02:10 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2,903
Patch 63 - Additional min...
Forum: Patch Notes
Last Post: Veranis
08-07-2020, 07:52 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 6,249
Yew Rare vendor's !! FULL...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Dreadpsycho
04-14-2020, 10:31 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 5,317

Monthly Platinum Limit
Posted by: Baron - 11-01-2014, 08:10 AM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (1)

In the patchnotes where the platinum reward system was added it states the monthly limit is 10 platinum per month. I had over 550 hours on my main account logged and was able to collect 11 platinum.

Print this item

Sunken Treasure vendor up just north of Moonglow moongate
Posted by: Talia - 11-01-2014, 05:46 AM - Forum: Trading Post - Replies (2)

Pretty much any decorative item you can fish up from a MiB. I'm flying blind on how to price things, so suggestions are welcome.

Print this item

Navigation bug?
Posted by: Talia - 10-31-2014, 10:26 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (4)

No matter where I placethe pins on a map (in relation to where I am), the tillerman always turns and sails straight east.

Print this item

Reward for steps to reproduce the pet attacking bug.
Posted by: Jack - 10-31-2014, 09:24 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (4)

In my tests, I have not been able to replicate this issue. Maybe I'm not being imaginative enough. Only information I know:

From reports, it seemed the like bug generally occured when the pet was in follow mode and poisoned. Some owners claimed it occurred on curing. Maybe my suspicions of it being related to poison are incorrect.

There has been a report of it happening without poison/curing, but follow mode. It is very likely this bug relates to follow mode. However the code itself doesn't seem to lend me any hints.

I have seen this happen with an Ostard, and maybe even a summoned daemon. So it doesn't seem related to firebreath changes. More likely the combatant status changes of pets. I have a sneaking suspicion of what is happening but without being able to reproduce the issue, I cannot confirm any changes would fix it.

This is not a very nice bug to have, if anyone can reproduce it to me (even if it takes 5 minutes to trigger!), I will reward them with a bug stomper trophy.

Print this item

Things that make you laugh
Posted by: Talia - 10-31-2014, 07:04 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

So I pulled a butcher knife of vanquishing out of a chest yesterday. Does this mean I have to make a Chef? Wink I can go around serving GM-level barbecues for hungry zombies.

Print this item

Yay for Halloween!
Posted by: Talia - 10-31-2014, 07:59 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

Thanks to Jack for the Halloween event tonight, it was fun and I only died thrice! Tell British that he's a pussy for hiding behind invulnerability. Wink

Print this item

WTB-Holiday Coins
Posted by: Creager - 10-30-2014, 05:34 PM - Forum: Trading Post - No Replies

Paying 100g per coin!

Print this item

Patch 9 - 10/30/14 - Halloween Update
Posted by: Jack - 10-30-2014, 11:29 AM - Forum: Patch Notes - Replies (8)

Halloween

The dead are rising from their graves and have been spotted in various places around Britannia, these are no ordinary monsters!

These monsters will prove a challenge for all character types, it will be no easier for a tamer or bard to down these creatures than it is for a warrior. Band together and fight the evil!

The respawn on these creatures is quite long, so you'll have to move around the world to find them. There are over 50 spawners - hint: they generally don't spawn in the lost lands.

The monsters will drop a special type of coin that is limited time. These coins will be removed from the world on November 5, so don't bother trying to save them! There will be a direct exchange rate from Holiday Coins to Gold, for those who need to exchange their last few coins.

Expect something special on Halloween!

A list of Halloween items will be found in the next comment of this post.

Housing

• The interior decoration tool will no longer function. They have been removed from vendors.
  • You can now insta log when you have been aggressed. The 2 minute combat delay only applies to being an aggressor.
  • Containers that are locked down, but not secure, can now be accessed by anyone.
  • Fixed a problem with locking down containers that were full of items. Locking down a container no longer checks the total lockdown count against what is inside the container.
  • When you destroy an add-on in your house, it will no longer return to your pack as a deed.

Loot
  • The amount of reagents in treasure chests has been lowered.
  • Ophidian avengers, ophidian matriarchs, terathan matriarchs and dragons now have better gold drops.
  • Shipwrecked items should now give the correct description, for example: "a pillow recovered from a shipwreck". All previously fished up shipwrecked items will be automatically updated. Not all items pulled up from a shipwreck have this property.
  • Various item descriptions fixed. Will have to take a closer look later.
  • The max charges on clothing/jewelry has been reduced. Invisibility items will drop less often.
  • Gnarled stave drops have been tweaked, they were dropping ID a bit too often.
  • A more thorough look at what is dropping will be coming up. Loot tables in regards to vanquishing, etc, will likely be buffed.
  • Fixed a bug with protection items giving a permanent boost to armor. Protection items will now only apply their effect if the virtual armor mod is 0. Jewellery overall needs a bit further looking into - fix the bouncing stats issue, add a cooldown to ring invis charges, etc.

AI Behaviour
  • Monsters almost never cast heal now. They will only do it below 10% health. The fix last time was partially broken.
  • Fixed a bug with tamed fire breathers not processing their attack target correctly.
  • The chance for an tamed fire breather to acquire a target has been lowered slightly.
  • Monsters will pick direct damage spells more often than before.
  • The Evil Mage Lord will now immediately cast spells when it has a valid target.
  • Giving a pet or hire a neutral order, will no longer have any effect on its combatant status. If the pet/hire is in combat, it will remain in combat.

Skills, Spells and Combat
  • Your swing state can no longer advance when you do not have a combatant. eg: You can not go from "unable to swing" to "able to swing" unless you attack something. Although that may seem pointless (since you need a combatant to be able to swing), you receive a full delay on arming a weapon if you are unable to swing. Thus, it is a good idea to consider this while in combat.
  • It is now a bit easier to get away with stealing things and not being noticed. The new calculation is based on the same factors as before, just a different calculation. The absolute minimum chance to not be noticed is roughly 75% with GM stealing (stealing 0-1 stones with nobody else around except the target). The chance to be caught also considers your stealing skill.
  • Stealing can be witnessed by any human (player or NPC) within 10 tiles of the crime. The chance for someone who is not the target to notice, is one quarter that of the target's chance. The witness must be in LOS to notice, but LOS is not necessary to call guards. The range of the witness does not yet play a role (it will later). Any human within 10 tiles simply gives another check to be caught. This is non compounding, so even with 100 humans in range, you would still have an extremely small chance to not be noticed.
  • A bug has been fixed with the curse spell. It now correctly applies when casted by a monster.
  • Removed a debug message from meditation that was left in during panic after a server crash.

Misc
  • An option has been added to the MOTD to disable it on login.
  • Removed poison immunity messages from blade spirits and energy vortexes. They still trigger poison immunity messages on other mobs.
  • The Ancient Wyrm occasionally reflects spells back at the caster.
  • The messages you receive when asking NPCs to train you, are now a lot tidier.
  • When you add items to player vendors, the item description should now be correct.
  • Dismounting a horse or opening your paperdoll now count as an action. Yipee!

Print this item

Teleporter in Jhelom not working
Posted by: Boog - 10-30-2014, 07:07 AM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (5)

I used the southern teleporter in Jhelom and it takes me to the island but it wont let me return.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/v9m8SBp.jpg" style="height:345px; width:624px" />

Print this item

Baron's Guide to Sneaking
Posted by: Baron - 10-28-2014, 09:08 PM - Forum: Guides - Replies (1)

This will be a quick run down on everything you need to know about training stealth.  First, lets start with a simple question.

Why stealth?

There are two ways to look at defense, you can avoid trouble or you can run from it.  Hiding is the skill that allows you to do these things. Stealth is the natural extension of hiding being that it allows you to move while hidden. Sometimes people say magery is for jerks overpowered because 100 skills lets you perform a fascimile function of other skills. That may be true, but what spell lets you move while hidden? That is the answer to the question of why choose stealth.  Stealth does what magery can't.

Alright, got it, don't need magery when I've got stealth!

Hold up there, hoss. Alls I'm sayin' is magery can't replace stealth, but it can replace hiding.  In fact, you can stealth without even hiding, you can stealth off of an Invisibility cast. The boon stealth gives to a mage or archer shouldn't be overlooked. A build that offensively uses group stealth tactics is not common because of the difficulty of coordination and the trade off of losing some other skill, but they can be the terror of the server because by the time you know they're there it is too late.

Quit wasting our time with bad writing, where's those sweet macros at!

The macro I've got is very elegant, it reads your journal for system messages and responds accordingly. I took the base from some forum long ago and modified it to work better. You will want to create a .macro file in Razor's Macro folder which is probably located in Users>AppData>Roaming or something similiar.

Code:
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you fail in your attempt to move unnoticed.
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1044081|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10.5000000
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you must hide first
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you fail to hide
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you have hidden yourself well.
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1044107|
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you begin to move quietly.
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you must wait a few moments to use another skill.

Keep in mind that it only will use Hiding or Stealth if the sucess or failure messages are in your journal, meaning you have to attempt to hide once before running the macro.

I can't even use stealth! I can't gain past 80! This guide sucks!

You'll need to have achieved 80 hiding before you can attempt to use stealth, you don't need a fancy macro for that though.  Once you do have 80 hiding you should get started on stealth right away because my stealth macro will train hiding as well as stealth. If you begin training stealth after hitting 100 hiding you'll be wasting potential gains when you fail to stealth and have to rehide.
Once you hit 80 stealth in just your newbie clothes you'll find the gains stop. Stealth is a difficulty based skill, your ability to sucessfully stealth is based on your characters armor count (AR).  You could leave your stealth at 80 if you never plan on wearing armor, but this will also limit your stealth steps count to 8.  If you don't need the 20 points for tracking or something, or want to go 10 steps, or want to wear armor then take it all the way to GM.  In order to do this you'll need to put on a full suit of leather armor, though past 98 stealth you might try switching to studded if you're really obsessed with saving some time. I noticed no real difference in gains prior to 80 stealth when I tried raising my characters AR by 1 per 10 skill.  For simplicity's sake you can just wear a full suit of leather and GM stealth.

Ok I'm 100/100 Hiding/Stealth, dropped Eval/Tactics and I hit like a kitten! This build sucks! I want my money back! 1/10 On Rotten Tomatoes!

You'll have to think hard about what exactly you want to do with stealth.  By choosing stealth you're choosing to become specialized.  If you're a stealth mage or fighter you wont be able to stand toe to toe in a standard skirmish.  Pick your battles. Or be like me and don't battle!  Cower in fear as the murderers run by!  Pick their leftover kills like a buzzard as they pay to attention to the ghost walker! Take your stealthy lockpicker from dungeon chest to dungeon chest without fear! Two pesky Balrons in the Terathon Keep guarding your dungeon chest? No problem, they might as well be mongbats.

Print this item