Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Training Notes: Alchemy and Poisoning
Not really going into a massive guide here but interested in sharing my experience and data.
I trained up Alchemy on my crafter from NPC and Poisoning on my fighter from an NPC. 
I've trained them in tandem thus far (will flesh this out as I progress) and here are my results:

Alchemist:
From ~30 (NPC) skill level, you can craft regular Poison. This will take approximately 4500 Nightshade to reach 65.0 Shown Alchemy Skill.
At 65.0 Shown, you have 100% success chance to craft a regular Poison potion, as such, no longer gaining skill beyond that point. 

Using the direct output from the aforementioned Alchemist (same keg), I have trained my fighter from ~30 skill to 70.0 Shown.
There are no gains from application of regular Poison, beyond 70.0 shown (tested approximately 50+ attempts).

All told, it took approximately 25,000 Nightshade from NPC level to GM Poisoning. I used two power hours in the training session.
The Alchemist at this point is 96.7 Alchemy and will best be completed creating Greater Cure potions (~60% success chance at this level, only 6 Garlic per), for the most efficient path to GM.

Notes on Power Hour:
It is probably for the best to keep your poisoner a bit behind the alchemist, considering the 5.0 skill disparity between the two and their ability to work with Greater Poison. 
If you're going to use Power Hour on your poisoner, I'd recommend waiting until the Alchemist has the keg nearly full, so they get the most applications possible within a given time window. If you let them run in tandem the keg will not actually fill up until the Alchemist skill gets beyond a high failure rate. 
Jack and Blyth like this post
Two guides for the price of one! Good job.
[Image: 8SYLD0h.jpg]
Hello,

I have been thoroughly enjoying my time on lost lands with my brother for the last month or so as new players, Thanks for the info and great guide as to how to work both skills together! Can you please include the locations of a couple poisoning trainers? I remember seeing them somewhere while out and about but can't find them now of course when I need them! Hehe! Thanks!! Tongue

P.S. Also I realize this post is old if anyone that still plays sees this and can provide the scoop on trainers I'd appreciate it!

Shoutout to Beavis, Festus, and Link for being very quick to respond in disco and always helping with questions that come up!