Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,080
» Latest member: Adamcar123
» Forum threads: 1,351
» Forum posts: 6,746

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 151 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 147 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Google

Latest Threads
Forum is now locked.
Forum: Latest News
Last Post: Jack
04-22-2021, 05:17 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3,553
New Players: Use discord!
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Xandorf
04-13-2021, 04:00 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 3,471
Training Notes: Alchemy a...
Forum: Guides
Last Post: Lil Jimmy
03-18-2021, 08:15 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 4,617
Razor settings not saving
Forum: Tech Support
02-17-2021, 07:20 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 12,939
Bonding Pets
Forum: New Player Questions
02-17-2021, 07:17 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 5,075
Thief Guildmaster spawned...
Last Post: JaysUnderw
11-26-2020, 10:08 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 9,978
Stirring in the Deep, pt1
Forum: Shard Events
Last Post: a pirate captain
11-05-2020, 10:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2,930
a few questions from a ne...
Last Post: Jusegozu
10-11-2020, 02:10 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2,929
Patch 63 - Additional min...
Forum: Patch Notes
Last Post: Veranis
08-07-2020, 07:52 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 6,327
Yew Rare vendor's !! FULL...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Dreadpsycho
04-14-2020, 10:31 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 5,355

Silver serpent in Jhelom [updated]
Posted by: yakka - 10-15-2014, 07:50 AM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (4)

there was always one silver serpent in the jungle in Jhelom as were there a couple corpses and some gorillas. Not sure if that matters just pointing out. Also magical wizard hats don't seem to work.

Print this item

Colored Sandals and Era Accuracy
Posted by: Baron - 10-15-2014, 01:23 AM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (1)

I spent the morning killing various NPCs and collecting the sandals that they were wearing. I don't know what sort of sandal colors were available in T2A, so hopefully some of you can comment on this post. Here are the colors I found.

[Image: njHvegF.PNG]="height:215px; width:269px" />

Print this item

Minoc moongate not functioning
Posted by: SgtScooter - 10-14-2014, 05:51 AM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (2)

It seems like I can't get through the Minoc moongate for some reason. I can inspect it, but I can't run through or click through.
*edit* Nevermind, it looks like you just need to be several tiles to the south to get it to activate. Looks strange, but it works.

Print this item

How to build a magery bard effectively
Posted by: Saul - 10-14-2014, 02:16 AM - Forum: Guides - Replies (9)

Yesterday I got 7x on my bard. I made this guy on the first day of the shard. I could have probably done it about 2 to 3 days faster but idled a lot as i havent had much time to play. Anyway i will share how i did it for those who want to know.

The template i have is:

Quote:100 magery
100 meditation
100 evaluating intelligence
100 magic resist
100 wrestling
100 provocation
100 music

This guide assumes you are capable of getting money to do magery. I used this character to make my money, but when i first made the character i raised swords to 100 and then dropped it back to 0 when i had the cash to get basic magery started.

Here were the basic steps i used to make the character:
Starting skills/stats: 50 magery/50 provocation, 10 str 10 dex 60 int

Start in brit, run straight to the weaponsmith or blacksmith to buy a shepherds crook. Find a place that spawns animals, like the cow pens. Set up a macro that does this:

Quote:Useskill armslore
wait for target - timeout 1 sec
target newbie dagger

for (1 to 10)
use shepherds crook
wait 0.25s
target nearest grey
wait 0.25s
target self
wait 0.5s
endfor

Run this until you gm herding. I think it took around 6-8 hours i cant remember exactly. Now make sure you are in a place where stuff cant pathfind to you and make a new macro that does this

Quote:Useskill: Provocation
Wait 0.25s (do not use wait for target or you will get stuck on this step when there is no target)
target nearest grey
wait 0.25s
target self

for (1 to 5)
Use Instrument
wait 1s
endfor

if you want to get really tricky, you can macro wrestling at the same time as you do this, it just requires you to have other accounts present.

Music will gm in about 10 hours or so and then provocation will gm about 18 hours after that if you dont dc.

Now we will GM our wrestling skill to finish off those last points of strength. Make a new macro that simply spams the spirit speak skill, tab into a character which has 50 melee skill, heal the character with 50 melee skill that is tanking the hits. you will GM wrestling in about 12 hours. Very simple,

Buy resist and meditation up to 30 but dont buy eval yet. It is best to do eval last as you will deal less damage to yourself while macroing mage, meaning you can save money on bandages.

Train resist to 55 by running through a firefield. It is extremely fast here. I am sure you can work this one out. Your character will look something like this:

Quote:100 str/40 dex/80 int

100 provo
100 music
100 wrestling
50 magery
55 resist
0 evalint
30 meditation

Magery/resist gains:
  • Do lightning until you have around 61 magery/65 resist
  • Do ebolt until you are around 91 magery/85 resist
  • Do flamestrike to GM/GM.
Others have told me they had problems with meditation, but i gmed meditation 5.0 full points before magery. There is a trick to macroing meditation here. The general formula for the amount of mana you should meditate on is

100 - meditation = % mana you should meditate at

So for example
  • if you had 100 int and 30 meditation, you will get the best gains by meditating at 70 mana. 
  • if you had 60 int and 30 meditation, you will get the best gains by meditating at 42 mana.  (100 - 30) * 60 / 100 = 42
take this into account with your magery macro, how much mana will you be at when you successfully ebolt? on average how many times do you fizzle and how much passive mana will you gain in that time? spam the hell out of meditation whenever you dont have enough magery to cast and you will gm med in no time.

I think magery/resist took about:
  • 700 lightning regs (4.2k gold)
  • 3500 eb regs(?) (28k gold)
  • 6000 fs regs (36k gold)
I didnt really keep track though so it could have been a bit more/less.

Macro eval to gm if you havent yet and congrats on your shiny new bard.

Thoughts: the skill gain speeds are about what i am used to. possibly slightly too fast, I could have probably gotten 7x in 5 days from a fresh start on the server. 65k to gm magery might be slightly too cheap but i dont know what you are aiming for

Print this item

Macro question (herding)
Posted by: SgtScooter - 10-13-2014, 08:28 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (8)

I'm currently running a macro for herding to boost my strength. I know the macro I'm using isn't the most efficient. It's basically just use crook, target a cow, move to point x. The thing is it keeps trying to target the same cow even though it's not set to use Last Target. I thought setting the target by type would pick any nearby cow. That isn't happening, though.
I saw a guy yesterday surrounded by a freaking cyclone of cows, so I know it can be done. I'm clearly just doing it wrong. Does anyone have any tips about how I should set up targeting for this?

Print this item

Character stuck on one tile dead in Brit
Posted by: Creager - 10-13-2014, 07:07 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (5)

While looting another one my characters body in guard zone I got whacked and still had an item in my cursor so when i went to the spirit healer I could not click accept on the gump so it just has me frozen in that position so I help stucked to brit logged out and back in and my character is stuck on one tile dead.
Upon logging back into the game the cursor no longer has the pouch stuck on it so maybe someone can give me a rez and I can hit accept now?
If someone could toss me a rez it would be greatly appreciated my character is right above the Unicorns Horn in east brit.

Print this item

Housing
Posted by: SgtScooter - 10-13-2014, 04:27 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

Hello all!
I'm busily grinding away towards my first house, and I'm starting to scout out locations. Playing on a new shard it's pretty amazing to see wide open tracts of land everywhere. Oh, the possibilities!
I thought I'd open a conversation about where people think they might be plopping down some real estate. My first house might be a utilitarian mining shack near a cave, but I wonder if people are maybe going to congregate somewhere... sort of an unofficial player village, perhaps? Has anyone got any thoughts about this?
SgtScooter

Print this item

IRC & Vent
Posted by: Creager - 10-13-2014, 06:59 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

I'm going to be in both of these as much as possible to help anyone out with whatever they need!
I invite everyone to join so we can help each other out with trade skills or farming or whatever it may be.
Noticed a few players that have never played this game joining the server, so if you guys want someone to hang out with or ask questions about the game to, then hop in vent or log in to irc!

Print this item

Packhorses at Minoc - Lost and found
Posted by: King - 10-12-2014, 09:23 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (5)

Hello,
I've never played Ultima Online until 48 hours ago. I've been doing my best to learn the most efficent way to train etc.
I bought a pack horse for my characters and I guess you can't log out with them and expect them to still be around when you get back!Thankfully, it looks like they weren't stolen by the time I realized my mistake. However, their inventory completely vanished. So I guess someone was kind enough to just take my items and leave me my horses. Which I greatly appreciate. But now I'm missing a lot of the bars I spent 4 or 5 hours making.
To the lucky guy who found them, any way I could get them back?
All the best,
King

Print this item

Taming: Ice Island
Posted by: Storm - 10-12-2014, 02:47 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

Love the person who is leaving 5 bazillion tamed on the island and not releasing them.

Print this item