Patch 42 - 01/31/16 - Town Invasions, Plat Economy, Blue Healing
(02-03-2016, 09:46 AM)Blyth Wrote: I haven't been to a TI since this patch so can anyone confirm what Klaus said?

Are TI's now totally geared towards tamers getting all the plat?

On my mage bard I was able to pull about 40 plat before leaving. This was from summoning deamons and provoking. And on my dexer, at the beginning of the TI I got around 16 plat. So, idk, but I wouldn't say they get all the plat, but tames do help.
Here’s what I’ve noticed since the patch:

1. You have to kill the spawn to get the plat. Doing 90% of the damage doesn’t seem to matter. The killing blow seems to determine who gets the plat. That’s what it felt like anyway. So make sure you get the kill.
2. Tames still matter a great deal. I was making far more platinum when I had 2-3 daemons out, than when I was casting or provoking. Tamers can still clean up with the platinum since they can get a lot of the kills, particularly in the first two waves.
3. Since the damage doesn’t produce platinum anymore, the damage table at the end doesn’t matter except bragging rights. So your casts (a finite resource) should be reserved for delivering killing blows or spitting out daemons to maximize your platinum intake.
4. The loss of interest means the TI’s take all night. I think last night was over 3 hours. That’s a lot of time spent killing trash mobs to get to the good ones. If that continues to hold true, I’d look at adjusting the spawn a bit. That’s an awfully long time.
Think of #4 this as a dungeon. There’s a ton of trash mobs on the first few levels, and them some really cool ones on the third. Who wants to spend a couple hours just getting to the cool ones? You might do it the first time so you can mark a rune, but after that you are skipping the first two levels & going straight to the cool level. I can’t remember the last time I stepped onto deceit 1 or 2, but I’ve probably logged 100 hours on 3 & 4. My guess is you’ll see people start to do that with TI’s now.

There was an hour spent killing rats and slimes. Nobody wants to sign on for that on a regular basis. Too many people will recall in and see you are still on the first spawn, and decide to come back later (which has the effect of extending the first couple spawns). I know I am seriously considering it. That third spawn is when things really get fun. That’s what I love about TI’s. Until then, I’d much rather spend time cleaning up the cool dungeon levels or cool world spawns.

Please note the critique is a fairly small issue. Overall the new TI’s are still a very cool aspect of this shard. I like bards a lot and the TI’s are a great place to pull him out. Simply adjusting the spawn of the first two waves would quickly eliminate what is probably a “minor” issue.
Magnesium likes this post
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage
I totally forgot to mention that with this patch, Ice Serpents no longer drop glacial staves. You can only get them from the Frost invasion boss now (they are one of the rares).
[Image: jack-sig.png]
(02-06-2016, 01:11 AM)Jack Wrote: I totally forgot to mention that with this patch, Ice Serpents no longer drop glacial staves. You can only get them from the Frost invasion boss now (they are one of the rares).

This is GREAT news!
[Image: giphy.gif]
(02-03-2016, 09:46 AM)Blyth Wrote: I haven't been to a TI since this patch so can anyone confirm what Klaus said?

It appears I was just having some unlucky roles that TI. I attended another one in Cove a day or two later and managed to get about 22 plat or so. There were only about 3 other people there, so that might have something to do with it. I'd say about 18 of that plat came from the first tier.
(02-06-2016, 02:01 AM)Klaus Wrote:

It appears I was just having some unlucky roles that TI. I attended another one in Cove a day or two later and managed to get about 22 plat or so. There were only about 3 other people there, so that might have something to do with it. I'd say about 18 of that plat came from the first tier.

Rebooted today with a few fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where mini bosses could drop -1 platinum if they did not have a treasure map level set.
  • Fixed a bug where casting nightsight resulted in spells and skills to be unusuable.
  • Fixed a bug with tournaments that occasionally resulted in the match "ending" twice.
  • You can now get wooden chests from fishing again.
[Image: jack-sig.png]