Patch 42 - 01/31/16 - Town Invasions, Plat Economy, Blue Healing
This patch is not active yet, but should be within the next several hours. There may be additional changes before the patch.

Town Invasions/Platinum
  • A new invasion type, The Blacksail Pirates has been added.
  • Town invasion has had changes to the way their rewards are given:
    • You will no longer receive platinum at the end of the invasion. Instead, you will receive plat during the invasion by killing monsters. This will severely reduce multi accounting abuse at invasions and be a lot more fair overall. Previously you had to do very little damage to get the full reward and it got easier to get a full reward the more people that participated. This was severely devaluing platinum.
    • The 2 platinum you can receive when killing an invasion monster has had a formula change. It is now based on the regular chance that the mob you killed will give out platinum. When you kill a mob, it will have a chance 1.5x higher than usual to drop 2 platinum into your pack. This is a minimum of 0.5% and a maximum of 7.5%.
    • At the end of invasions, instead of receiving platinum, there is a 10% chance that one of the top 5 damagers (of the invasion overall) will receive a rare item unique to that particular invasion. Each invasion has 2 different rare types it can drop. Most invasion bosses have a chance to drop a statue. These will appear in the pack of the player, not drop to the corpse.
    • The invasion boss has greatly improved loot on its corpse. Previously there was almost no point in checking the corpse since it had almost nothing on it.
    • The floor will no longer be covered in gold at the end of an invasion. Instead, the piles will be of gems, with a 5% chance that any pile will be 1 platinum.
Mini Bosses
  • Mini bosses now drop platinum equal to their corresponding treasure map level. For example, a poison drag will drop 5 platinum.
  • Gorgons, black lich and Collosus spawn chance have all been halved.
Blue Healing and Guild Wars
  • When healing a player, there is now a check that the player is currently engaged in guild warfare. If they are currently fighting with an enemy, healing that player will flag you as attackable to the enemy guild.
  • There will be a warning message similar to the criminal notoriety query, to warn you that healing the person will flag you as attackable.
  • You can turn off the notoriety query in the MoTD.
Platinum Vendor
  • New sandals & mask dye tubs have been added to the platinum vendor with hues from the requested hues thread in suggestions. These cost 750 platinum.
  • Hues are: 632, 1632, 1157, 1254, 902, 1109, 552.
  • Bone gloves are now available from the platinum vendor.
Taming
  • The way pets guard has been altered significantly. They will only respond to attacks that originated less than 1 second ago. This means if your pet is not on the same screen as its attacker, at the time of the attack, you will have to manually tell your pets to attack the target.
  • The auto attack mechanism has been significantly changed and will occur much less frequency. It is now based on movement and has a long cooldown.
  • These changes will hopefully rectify what I have perceived to be a long term problem with animal taming and practically AFK farming of gold.
Guild Roleplay
  • The guild roleplay system which involves players being allied with a certain faction of mobs has been extended upon. Previously this only applied to Orc guilds, being allied with NPC orcs. This now also includes pirates.
  • The system is now far easier to implement new roleplay guild types.
Combat
  • Tabbing out/having no combatant no longer has any effect on your swing state advancing.
  • The formula for the evaluating intelligence spell damage scalar has been adjusted. It does need further tweaking, but for now it will be delayed while I consider what further adjustments should be made to the combat system.
Bug Fixes, Era Accuracy & Enhancements
  • Dead things may still do damage (delayed damage such as spells or explosion potions).
  • You can no longer track multiple things at once.
  • Fixed a problem with item decay after a house decayed. Items that are in a house which decays will start to decay once they are moved.
  • You can now double click moongates to use them as a ghost.
  • Docked ship models will now show the boat name on single click.
  • Instruments can now have a maker's mark.
  • Fixed a naming error in the tinkering craft menu (Cooking/Tailoring).
  • You can now magic trap a door.
  • Provoking a monster onto an innocent tamed creature is now a criminal act.
  • Fixed a problem with the naming of some shipwrecked items. This will be retroactive for some items, not so for others.
  • The plain (no gold trimmed) metal chest can now be pulled up while fishing MiBs.
  • Boats can be redeeded from further away.
  • You can now sail around the world from east to west and vice versa.
  • Using the hiding skill now cancels any invisibility spell timers, including jewelry.
  • Fixed a problem that was occurring sometimes with stacking items.
  • The message for entering town guards no longer makes mention of Lord British.
  • Players who die in the world, will no longer show up in Last Man Standing results.
  • You can now poison food.
  • Balrons now always carry a magic broadsword, and they use the broadsword for attacking. This also means if the broadsword has an effect (eg: ghouls touch), the effect will apply and use up potential charges on the weapon.
  • Tower interior doors that face east, are now lockable from the opposite direction that they were pre-patch.
  • Fixed a description bug with fishing.
  • Fixed a glitch with animal AI when wandering back to their spawn point.
Veranis, Blaise, Darwin And 8 others like this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
fixing poisoning food issues jack? xD
This is a great patch. Thanks, Jack!
Deleting previous posts to post a full list of what will be fixed with tomorrow's restart:
  • Fix to equippable invisibility items not firing when equipped.
  • Lockable containers will once again show item count/weight on single click.
  • Balron broadswords had no chance of spawning with some properties, will now be able to spawn with all properties.
  • Blacksail Corsairs will no longer drop hued leather/clothing.
  • Adjusted plat drop formula for town invasions.
  • Hiding and the invisibility spell will no longer tab you out when successfully hiding.
  • Balrons, white wyrms and ancient wyrms have had a buff to their gold drops.
  • During events, Captain Blacksail's halberd will only be equippable if magics are enabled.
Not sure if this is intended but lockable chests are not showing item/weight count. They simply say "wooden chest", or "metal chest" on singleclick.
The patch is awesome, so please don’t take this the wrong way. I would like to point out the gold drop (even if a lesser amount) is far more convenient at the end of a TI. I bled two jewelers completely dry, and was probably close on the third last night after the TI. That was one person.

As a recovering lockpicker, Tmapper, and dragon hunter, I can tell you it is very frustrating having to recall around from shop to shop trying to unload jewels. Now that you are increasing the jewel count significantly, vendors can frequently be sold out. Particularly if we see an uptick in population.

As an alternative you could increase the amount of jewels a jeweler and provisioner will buy. However, having to convert a drop to gold will always be less convenient than just dropping gold. Plus it looks a lot cooler on recruitment videos so see all that gold on the ground, heh heh. I’m certain you have a very good reason to move to the jewel drops (weight?), and I ‘m actually fine with recalling a bit. I just don’t want to get into a situation where no jeweler is buying.
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage
Switched to jewels because it's inconvenient I imagine. Too many people just recalling in at the end, looting 50k gold, and leaving and logging off.
One thing I noticed last night at the TI:

My archer was top of the damage chart for the Cove TI, and all he managed to pull was 4 plat, and that was during the first tier I believe. Kind of frustrating when you hear reports from tamers not even in the top 3 getting 18+ plat.

I'll give it another few on my archer, but I might have to shelf him and finish my tamer.
I haven't been to a TI since this patch so can anyone confirm what Klaus said?

Are TI's now totally geared towards tamers getting all the plat?
[Image: 8SYLD0h.jpg]
The top 5 earners in TIs since the patch have been:

1) Mage Bard - 52 plat
2) Tamer - 44 plat
3) Mage Bard - 38 plat
4/5) Archer bard - 30 plat
4/5) Mage bard - 30 plat

This doesn't count plat that drops to corpses. It's possible to get unlucky with platinum and not get much since the patch, but plat has been super saturated for a long time. The turnout for TIs lately has not been high so we are seeing some people earn a lot of platinum if they kill a decent of the spawn.  Increasing the plat which mini bosses drop is intended to get more people out in the world looking for plat instead of earning mass amounts at TIs. The total amount of plat given out at each TI now is around 100-150 depending on the spawn type and how heavy I make the spawn.

Unfortunately there's not a lot that can be done for "guaranteed" plat, nor is there for a diminishing returns system, that isn't wide open to multi account abuse.