Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resist Asorbs way to much
(12-15-2015, 08:13 PM)yakka Wrote: Well the prima guide shows both explo and ebolt 14-56 damage 0 damage if ebolt is resisted half damage for explo when resisted.  So even with ei bonus and failed resist if you had really bad luck with damage rolls I can see someone surviving even without the need to heal. Although I would think far more often you would kill the victim.  I don't know what damage range is set here.

The numbers I gave were what I see as the average..The day I see a 56 percent ebolt, I'm quitting.  
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]
We use the min max values which are listed on stratics. For 100 EI vs 100 resist an explosion & ebolt both have the damage of 10-42. These values also match the demo when casting with GM magery vs GM resist.

This damage is based on a dice roll, the base value of which being 6d8+6, so the base damage rolls are fairly tightly averaged around 30 before the rest of the calculations take place. This equates to roughly 24 damage for a 6th circle spell on average, before resist is factored (GM vs GM).

This means the average explosion/ebolt sync from 2 players will not kill a player with 100 hit points and GM resist.

Magic resist here actually only absorbs 25% as opposed to 50% of the spell damage. It is weaker, not stronger, than it should be.
farnk, Skrap, Apoc like this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
ohh really.. so either way your not going drop somone with 1 sync only. but if hes not gm resist you can is what ur saying Jack?
You can drop someone flat with a sync. It just takes a roll of 25 or better. I've taken a 40 point ebolt here, even if one guy rolls bad the other can pick up. As a matter of fact, I think we got you with a straight sync in the 2v2 last night.
Apoc likes this post
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]
(12-15-2015, 09:22 PM)Skrap Wrote: You can drop someone flat with a sync.  It just takes a roll of 25 or better.  I've taken a 40 point ebolt here, even if one guy rolls bad the other can pick up.  As a matter of fact, I think we got you with a straight sync in the 2v2 last night.

yeah i think you guys did but i didnt have gm resist also so big differents with gm resist.
Brutal and I partook in a 2v2 tourny and dropped everyone with explo EB synks. My character also didn't have eval. So I'm sure its fine and its all dice rolls. Make sure they are debuffed and follow up with a hally for good measure.
Skrap likes this post
*Cr3w*  *WAR US*                  ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐                    *Cr3w*  *WAR US*
[Image: coFgqHB.gif]
Sounds good Hatecrime