Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamer Update - Limit number of followers
Once again if you do not like the mechanics of a T2a server why are you playing here? Plenty of other eras that taming works different you might enjoy those more.
Santorum likes this post
Gimme a break.

I think most are playing here because they do like T2A mechanics. Dragon turrets are something I would wager were never intended outcomes of OSI development. The fact that they completely locked down taming to control slots in the next era, instead of patching this era, is simply related to the desire for profit from selling updates. The need to balance the power available to tamers is obvious and the only detractors are and will be those who like easy street.
(12-13-2015, 04:39 PM)yakka Wrote: Once again if you do not like the mechanics of a T2a server why are you playing here? Plenty of other eras that taming works different you might enjoy those more.

There are pvp/pvm mechanics on UOLL that are not in line with strict t2a era accuracy (e.g. archery). These changes were made to improve balance and the overall gameplay. This requested adjustment to tamers is no different.

And I ask again, aside from "era accuracy", why is the adjustment a bad idea?
Maybe the fact people like to use more than 10 dragons makes it a bad idea. Just because you don't like something in game doesn't mean it should be changed. For the record I don't use a tamer but see no reason to change what has been in place since 98 for this time period. I didn't care for archery changes either since you brought it up.
(12-14-2015, 03:40 AM)yakka Wrote: For the record I don't use a tamer

If you did you could see first hand how silly this mechanic is. I'd like to cordially invite you to watch me kill an AW a cpl seconds. Do you use an archer or a hally either? 

You know there's a server out there that really puts t2a era accuracy on a pedestal over all else, you might wanna check it out... Since you brought it up.
HateCrime likes this post

I have a tamer but choose not to use it because to me it is boring. That doesn't mean that people who like the easy way should be nerfed because they are too hard for you to pk. There are plenty of hermaphrodite hybrid servers that have all the custom stuff which you seek. Mission statement of this server is T2A mechanics for the feel of era with added pvm type content to prevent the staleness. "We welcome all types of players to experience Ultima Online as it was during The Second Age of Ultima Online" "The shard's basic mechanics are firmly rooted in the T2A era (1999), with the exception of bugs and exploits." Maybe you should have read these before joining.

By you it is general to anyone that wants major changes and not to any one person. I don't have any beef with any individual just pointing out what this server is meant to be.
Ziggy likes this post
Name one server with t2a combat mechanics that "has the all the custom stuff I seek" and I'll gladly check it out. This turret stack bullshit is out of control. There is no arguing that the pvp capabilty of a turret is game breaking. It doesn't simply make a tamer immune to any sort of danger as he's farming, but a tamer who's attacked anywhere can get aggrod upon, go unstable his pile, gate back into his prior location, and Insta fry his attacker. It is a complete joke. Perhaps yakka has not really seen what is going on?

"The shard's basic mechanics are firmly rooted in the T2A era (1999), with the exception of bugs and exploits." This definitely qualifies as an exploit.

Exactly. It is exploiting the lack of forethought put into taming controls. I think the damage done to large scale PvM is the greatest detriment of stacks of dragons.
Ive heard the tamer is to OP on every free shard ive played, its nothing new.
There is ways to shut down a turret with just a reveal spell, its not a complete loss.

I don't see the picture about disabling turrets because you cant pk someone. I killed Lovechild and all of her characters with a stack of dragons before I died.

Only option that I would see changing a tamer would be to modify the damage the tamed dragon/wyrm did to boss mobs in TI. With the other spawns id just leave it as is.

Its easy for people who have had tamers in the past to ask for change after they farmed the shit out of spawn.