Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamer Update - Limit number of followers
i vote NO to limiting pet slots  Angel
Santorum likes this post
[Image: Environment__POST_APOCALYPSE_by_I_NetGraFX-1.jpg]
Here we go, Same on every server nerf this,  nerf that ffs make a tamer or bard and join in always somebody wants to control others choices and play style. .

Leave as it is ...
Santorum and Apoc like this post
Music is in our Souls, Use it wisely.
Tamers are still quite powerful with a handful of dragons. I believe the goals of administration are to fix things that were actually broken in era. So many dragons on a single tile that other players start lagging and a champion-style boss dies in a few seconds, is a pretty clear indicator of a problem.

I am a bit nostalgic about big dragon turrets I just don't think it has a good impact on the balance of the shard.
Bobby Boulders, Abyz, Greta And 1 others like this post
Yep.

This isn't nerfing tamers.

Tamers will still be more or less untouchable (especially if you can have 11... 1 mount +10 drags)
Tamers will still be able to solo anything (except maybe not TI bosses?)
Tamers will still be the best PVM class BY FAR.

What are you all worried about with the change? How would it be a bad thing?

I hear some people are against it but I have not seen any objective reasons aside from "era accuracy", which honestly is a valid reason to keep it as-is and I'd be OK with it if it didn't change based on era accuracy.  

It causes stuttering/lag when 60+ dragons or wyrms attack a boss with a ton of HP - screw mechanics, that's game breaking.
(12-12-2015, 04:30 PM)Blaise Wrote: So many dragons on a single tile that other players start lagging and a champion-style boss dies in a few seconds, is a pretty clear indicator of a problem. 

Exactly.

(12-12-2015, 04:01 PM)Riven Wrote: ffs make a tamer or bard and join in always somebody wants to control others choices and play style. .

For the record, I have a tamer and it's my primary source of gold. I in no way think this would affect a tamer's ability to farm gold.  You might have to actually heal your pets tho...what a concept!

(12-12-2015, 02:08 PM)Apoc Wrote: i vote NO to limiting pet slots  Angel

Apoc - I don't think there should be a limit on pet slots, but rather the number of pets that will follow commands. You can have 100 dragons in the stables and can pull them all out to farm, but only 11 will be able to follow a command at a time.
I hardly even use my turret anymore. I only use 25 dragons. I have seen groups of massive white wyrm turrets. Fix the Mass curse. Dragons are harder to tame, and most people don't have 100+ white wyrms like Yitamin. Today i just died instant trying to poison field a ton of white wyrms on a turret.

Reason I like t2a is you can farm with massive stacks, that being said im torn. If were gonna subject the tamer to limited pets, then its not called t2a. That being said I wouldn't change tamers at all. They are a bitch to skill up, and should be rewarded. Fix the dmg they do to bosses at TI's. if and when you decide to change anything about tamers, I'm sure someone will just bitch about the nerf.

That being said there is still a way to drop 100+ white wyrms on a certain tile away with purple pots, its not a lost cause. Just because someone cant be pked at a certain spawn point, doesnt mean shit should be limited. Change the damage dragons do on TI Bosses, and change the Mass curse that White wyrms are suppose to have. Problem solved. Dragons take anywhere from 5min to 10min to tame 1, not 1min like WW. That being said, i cant remember the last time i had my turret up farming. Lately i just been trying to disrupt everyone farming with turrets, and i die and you dont see me bitching about tamers being OP. The Tamers OP argument has been on every server i have played. I find it funny that if you cant kill 1 person with 5 PK's you call for a change.

(12-11-2015, 05:27 PM)Abyz Wrote: I'm torn on this, because I enjoy instantly nuking things with a 30 pet stack as much as the next guy... However, it really bothers me that a tamer with a phat stock is virtually invincible to monsters AND PKs.  Even a group of 4-5 PKs would probably all die if they attacked a tamer guarded by 30+ wyrms. Even with a 10 per limit a tamer is a juggernaut of pvm/pvp capability.

This is UO, where you can practically out run any kind of danger. Smile
yakka likes this post
Dragons are easy as f to tame, lol.

I retract my statement in saying harder to tame with above post.

Anything is easy to tame in UO, dragons take more time and you possible anger them `as for WW- you sit behind a cliff and tame away without taking dmg unless it has been hit.
Dragons cast right away

I think the problem is, the end boss damage. I dont see a problem with peoples massive stack turrets at farming locations, you can still kill the whole stack if you know how to approach it.
I don't think this really about 1v5PKs, but more shard lag and disproportionate income ability. If you hear about OP tamers on every shard you've played, perhaps that's a good indicator that they are problematic with their abilities?
Spanky likes this post
Being able to smoke 5+ other players most assuredly should be a factor in this debate. Currently, no mob or Pk poses a threat or challenge to a stacked out tamer. That is what I call a total lack of balance.

I will deal with the mechanics that Jack settles on. I enjoy the pathetically easy gold of my turret... However, my vote goes for a limited amount of useable pets. Balance is important.
Spanky likes this post