Poll: Should champs still be added?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Replace regular TIs with champ spawns.
26.32%
5 26.32%
I don't feel champion spawns are necessary.
73.68%
14 73.68%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Champ Spawns vs Town Invasions
(11-02-2015, 08:28 PM)Myrnae Wrote: Here's my (.02 cents) thoughts Jack..

1.  I like the TI system the way it is for the simple reason that it promotes community which is very important for a shard in its infancy
2.  Idea on Harrower - let this be player spawnable, and add say a (1/500 or 1/1000) chance that a random color skull will drop in any monster corpse on death.  To spawn the harrower require it to have one of each color skull, you could even put the harrower altar that usually is in the star room in Brit or somewhere public so people can see if its popped or not.
3.  Reduce the frequency of plat drops across the board.  You mentioned it's becoming devalued and you are right.  Lets keep those plat vendor items rare.
4.  Eliminate shard announcements that the "boss" has spawned on any TI or harrower.  This promotes snipers coming in at the end to get paid when they have not contributed.

So much yes.
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]

1.  I like the TI system the way it is for the simple reason that it promotes community which is very important for a shard in its infancy
2.  Idea on Harrower - let this be player spawnable, and add say a (1/500 or 1/1000) chance that a random color skull will drop in any monster corpse on death.  To spawn the harrower require it to have one of each color skull, you could even put the harrower altar that usually is in the star room in Brit or somewhere public so people can see if its popped or not.
3.  Reduce the frequency of plat drops across the board.  You mentioned it's becoming devalued and you are right.  Lets keep those plat vendor items rare.
4.  Eliminate shard announcements that the "boss" has spawned on any TI or harrower.  This promotes snipers coming in at the end to get paid when they have not contributed.

I'd be more likely to increase the platinum price for things than reduce the plat drop frequency. I like that platinum drops more frequently as it feels more rewarding than rates we had 6 months ago where it felt like platinum barely dropped.

I will make it so the boss is only announced within the town that is being invaded, otherwise some players may not even realised it has spawned.
Doberman likes this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
I think something similar to the Halloween style would be a nice hybrid of TI/Champs.
Perhaps restrict towns to a single invasion per day so any single town doesn't get overrun for ages. Maybe have some towns specifically off of the list to allow for new players to attend business freely regardless.
Continue to announce invasions with the town criers. Perhaps make the initial waves a bit less heavy with spawn/no casting spawn in early waves.
Chewbacca likes this post
I think plat drop and price of items is actually right on target. The flow is fairly slow and there are a lot of items on the vendor to get. It will take a ton of game time to get the stuff I know I want. Nerfing the plat rate and/or prices will be a big downer. It's fine as is.
manto and Cheerios like this post

(11-03-2015, 06:33 AM)Abyz Wrote: I think plat drop and price of items is actually right on target. The flow is fairly slow and there are a lot of items on the vendor to get. It will take a ton of game time to get the stuff I know I want. Nerfing the plat rate and/or prices will be a big downer. It's fine as is.

completely agree

TI's are good!
I personal like Champ spawns because this promotes guild activity, was never ment to be a mass shard event.
To reduce the plat drop across the board would just further more push people away and hate the fact that everyone before farmed 1000's of it and now they have no chance.
as for the shard annoucements im neutral.
I voted for town invasions. I think you can have both, though.
TI bosses could drop skulls for harrower. The skulls could also be used to spawn champs in dungeon locations(that would not otherwise spawn).

The TI system is great for getting randos together.
Well I can see champs being good for guilds or small groups to hog if they choose. Nothing says plat has to be a drop from them, just different types of loot. Maybe on the lines of mini boss. Not to make you do more work but couldn't new terrain be made for the champ location instead of standard dungeons. Make components needed to launch the champ spawn on specific mobs only. This way for example one item only small % chance on drakes, a different item only drops on daemons etc. so you have to farm different areas to get what is needed to launch. I like the standard TIs but can see a form of champs as being a plus also. Can never have too much pvm activity or too many pvp events.
Swunk, Greta, CosmicScale And 1 others like this post
(11-05-2015, 12:32 AM)yakka Wrote: Well I can see champs being good for guilds or small groups to hog if they choose.  Nothing says plat has to be a drop from them, just different types of loot.  Maybe on the lines of mini boss.  Not to make you do more work but couldn't new terrain be made for the champ location instead of standard dungeons.  Make components needed to launch the champ spawn on specific mobs only.  This way for example one item only small % chance on drakes, a different item only drops on daemons etc. so you have to farm different areas to get what is needed to launch.   I like the standard TIs but can see a form of champs as being a plus also.  Can never have too much pvm activity or too many pvp events.

well now i agree with yakka.. i like that kind of system. kind of reminds me of the bosses in 2009 post-apocalypse mmofps/rpg fallen earth. a few years ago they made it so you'd farm certain mobs to actually get components to craft a lure and then you would go to a specific location and use the lure and a group could fight the boss for a chance to loot cool looking items.

so, that idea minus the whole crafting thing.. or with crafting.. idk.. sounds really good for summoning champs.
I agree with Yakka too. I would encourage (and this may be too coding intensive) having champs spawn in unused t2a areas or other places where they don't get in people's way during normal use of the dungeon, and having them drop little or no plat, but having them drop other useful stuff to justify their existence.