Poll: Should champs still be added?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Replace regular TIs with champ spawns.
26.32%
5 26.32%
I don't feel champion spawns are necessary.
73.68%
14 73.68%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Champ Spawns vs Town Invasions
Question 
With the Halloween event some work was done that could possibly be reused as a mechanic to launch champ spawns, collectible skulls which you need a set number of to launch a champ. The champ spawns themselves would be located around the world like you would find on other shards which use the champion spawn system.

However with the town invasion system we use, it may not be necessary to even have champ spawns. If town invasions remain a regular, non player launched occasion, there may not be any need to include the champ spawns themselves, and instead just allow players to launch the harrower.

The benefit of the town invasion system
1) They're controlled and can be launched at set times so everyone can get involved.
2) They're publicly announced so all players know they are currently occurring, players can not "horde" the invasions for themselves. 
3) Events which everyone is welcome to join it a positive thing for the community.
Cons of TIs
1) The town is unusable for normal means while the invasion is running.
2) New players starting in that town will probably die (can be fixed by disallowing character start in an invaded city).

Benefits of champs
1) Players can launch champs whenever they wish, so long as they meet the requirements
Cons of champs
1) Players feel entitlement to the champs they launch and may not welcome help from players outside their guild or friends.
2) Ability to launch champs whenever can cause an even bigger glut of platinum, which has already been devalued a lot in the last 6 months through various new systems (achievements, town invasions, increased rewards).
3) Ability to launch whenever can make otherwise normal dungeons unfarmable.

At this stage I'm thinking that champs may not be a necessary addition to UOLL. People have largely enjoyed the town invasions and worked together to finish the invasions in harmony. They serve the same purpose as champs.

Instead, I propose that a way to spawn the harrower is added and champion spawns are left off the shard.

Please post your thoughts.
Blyth, Santorum, Swunk like this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Yay for Town Invasions, Nay for Champs. Invasions are great fun and bring the small population together.
Thumbs Up 
a new idea.. i like it! just being able to spawn the harrower sounds pretty good to me. i say hell yes, do it like that and throw out champ spawns.. keep the current TIs. its cool, its fresh.. harrower is real damn hard.. people prolly gonna continue to be all harmonius when it comes to harrower too.. big thumbs up on all this and a even bigger word salad -

tldr cool idea jack do the harrower thing for sure man

p.s: how do i like a post??? been tryin to figure it out for weeks lol
^ Keep TIs like they are BUT allow the skulls to be used to summon the harrower!!
Swunk likes this post

I feel like maybe people aren't understanding the poll options, the first option "I would really like champ spawns" basically means that the current TI model would be largely redundant.

The Harrower will be spawnable with either option.

I've changed the option names in the poll.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
I really like the TI system.
fix new player "issue" to avoid drama,
sayd that city are perfect scenario for any events, various and with more deep RP mood.
so i'm up to add more.
(11-02-2015, 06:52 AM)Abyz Wrote: ^ Keep TIs like they are BUT allow the skulls to be used to summon the harrower!!

yeah, this
I'd like to change my vote to the second option then!

Here's my (.02 cents) thoughts Jack..

1. I like the TI system the way it is for the simple reason that it promotes community which is very important for a shard in its infancy
2. Idea on Harrower - let this be player spawnable, and add say a (1/500 or 1/1000) chance that a random color skull will drop in any monster corpse on death. To spawn the harrower require it to have one of each color skull, you could even put the harrower altar that usually is in the star room in Brit or somewhere public so people can see if its popped or not.
3. Reduce the frequency of plat drops across the board. You mentioned it's becoming devalued and you are right. Lets keep those plat vendor items rare.
4. Eliminate shard announcements that the "boss" has spawned on any TI or harrower. This promotes snipers coming in at the end to get paid when they have not contributed.
Doberman, Jack, Swunk And 1 others like this post