Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TI report
Reallllllly stupid question. What is/are TI?
Town Invasions,
Towns are invaded by hordes of different kinds.. It begins with lower tier and ends with high tier. Once the final tier is wiped, a boss Mob spawns (a champion essentially). This is a great way to collect platinum and gold!
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]
I personally feel that we should have the option to start them ourselves as well, via the Champion alters. This would allow for greater control/flexibility for people and their RL schedules and differing timezones. I hear a lot of people both NA and Euro who can't attend because they're: asleep, at work, changing diapers, cooking/eating dinner and generally living life.

I know there isn't a virtue system set up, so some way of being able to activate an alter would need to be thought up.
This would allow guilds/groups of friends to run private or public events.

This would be a good attraction for pvm players thinking about coming to the shard.
It's a good idea Klaus but ripe for abuse. The TI invasions bring a lot of wealth with them. People would take advantage. Some shards totally shut off automated events because it can be manipulated. Letting the community choose where, when, and what spawn would only drive us toward that end. There's a whole discussion going on right now about how to tame the tamers specifically because of how much influence they have on town invasions. If it feels like a loss because you missed one, then quite honestly that is great evidence that the people running the shard are doing it the right way. I wouldn't mess with something that the community universally only says good things about, or says they want more, or more influence, etc.

I love the town invasions. I miss most of them, but that's OK. The way it's run here is a lot better than the alternatives I've seen. That's what matters in my humble opinion.
Magnesium likes this post
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage