Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TI report
Information 
if is possible i like to see a public statistic about TI,
might be just an impression but there are few or nothing during EU-tz prime time (19:00-23:00).
Thanks
The general times I run TIs are around 7pm EST and 7am EST. The one at 7am EST is intended for European players, it's hard to launch one at a better time since I'm asleep. What time would be better?
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Jack,

7am EST is at noon here in Europe, most people are probably at work by then so that is really not a good time to run it.

Why not automate the TI's
A good time for European players would be after work, after dinner but before bed, so sometime between 1pm - 4pm EST
2016-01-28 07:20 LostLands: A bounty of 3,948,236 gold pieces have just been placed upon Jack's head!
7am EST is 12 AM (lunch time)  and in general europe central : 11:00 ~ 13:00
I can play for real from 21  to 24 and i think EU player that work during the day are in the similar position

i probably will not join TI every day but if possible i like to have the chance.
thanks.
(10-26-2015, 09:47 PM)Jack Wrote: The general times I run TIs are around 7pm EST and 7am EST. The one at 7am EST is intended for European players, it's hard to launch one at a better time since I'm asleep. What time would be better?

Why is it not possible to automate these events?

I know you like to run these when people are on but why not have 1 for each timezone (Well for the US and overseas 1 ea) that is automated.  It can be random times across a time range. Then any extras you want to run manually, you can.

Me and many of the other members have talked about this in IRC and all had the same conclusion.
The main reason is that sometimes players may just not turn up for TIs. This hasn't been a problem in US peak lately but towns used to get invaded for long periods with nobody actually completing them. Sometimes they're people's favorite towns, or a newbie logs into that town and gets killed with noone around to save them.

There's also the fact that I often customize the size of the invasion based on how many players I think will show up.
Veranis and Skrap like this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
I think automating these is a good idea, if it's possible. This would make it easier to plan when to fit UO into our schedules. Is it possible to auto end the event after a certain amount of time if it has not progressed past the first stage in case no one shows up?
I think keeping them non-automated is a good idea.
If something like this could be implemented , i feel that it would do wonders. even to throw them in the events line ups even with the fix of it ending after a certain time of non completion.

(11-27-2015, 12:44 AM)Bobby Boulders Wrote: I think automating these is a good idea, if it's possible. This would make it easier to plan when to fit UO into our schedules. Is it possible to auto end the event after a certain amount of time if it has not progressed past the first stage in case no one shows up?

(11-27-2015, 06:38 AM)Chewbacca Wrote: If something like this could be implemented , i feel that it would do wonders. even to throw them in the events line ups even with the fix of it ending after a certain time of non completion.
A bit later for US times would be great. I find them starting when I finish work and have to get dinner started. Once a week having one start around 8pm eastern would be awesome.