Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Newbie key
Abyz, I'm not even sure you really played on UOSA. These were not that hard to come by, even with the 1:500 chance on newbie tinker creation. If they were a blessed key, and a plat reward costing 1000p, the chance that 'everyone and their mother' would have them is slim to none. Granted, it is pretty Trammel but if you could only copy a single door a single time, it would be really only used by players who have spent a long time farming up that platinum and have a home that they are certain they'll never be without. It keeps a modicum of risk tied to an item that would otherwise be easy to obtain.

I have only two accounts right now. I could very easily setup a third account and just make five new tinkers a week, and believe me, I'd end up with plenty of them. Just as Jack stated, with proxies, we'd end up with a glut of abandoned accounts and newbie characters bloating save times. Thus, making it something to strive for that still has a level of risk tied to it, would be the only way I could see it making sense on a shard of this style.

All told, would be just as happy never seeing them exist at all but blessed would be more fair to all play styles, instead of newbied.
You busted me blaiseypoo... I never really played UOSA. Sad Did a newbie key bully you as a child? You sure seem to hate the cute little things...

I bet you you would have 0 newbie keys in a month.

As has been stated, via proxy, I could quite easily obtain that. Not that I would because that's some seriously sad boring shit. I know I'm breaking your balls about playing UOSA but hell, I bought one for 300k or some shit. They weren't that hard to come by.
I'm leaning toward having these as a platinum item. Having them as a rare craftable would make each key have an ingot cost and probably only be frustrating to players burning a ridiculous amount of ingots trying to get a key. It would be a silly practice. Otherwise, it might serve well as an extremely slim chance of a rare drop, but I can picture that being exhausting to players that actually decide to drive themselves crazy trying to farm it.
Doberman likes this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
If Its in the game people will farm for it period! That and if it was platinum based i would see too many pople with it. I like the idea of a rare drop possibly. Just my input though.
You won't likely see people with it because you won't know until you chase them into a locked house and they slam the locked door in your face. Even then you won't know if they had a keyring on them or not. This is just a comfort and convenience factor and depending on how it is implemented will not negatively impact anyone beyond the situation I just described. Just think about the first guy to be upset they spent a bunch of plat on a key and had their houses IDOC. That should give everyone a warm Feluccan feeling inside. Smile