Patch 22 - 02/28/15 - Crafting menus, (more) Event Time Changes, Remote Help System
always been that way with the maps at least in this era

I think (am not sure) that they should be viewable by anyone but only able to be dug up by the person who decoded it. Are you currently unable to view the map at all if you aren't the decoder?

[Image: jack-sig.png]
no you can see pin mark but can't dig it up

we just did some treasure maps tonight and when i tried to view a map that someone else had decoded it said that only the person who decoded the map could view it.

previously anyone could view it once it was decoded, but the person who decoded had to be the one to dig it up.

This was very noticeable to us tonight because I am usually the one in our group to look at the maps and figure out which part of the world they are in, but I have no cartography skill. Tonight, I was unable to view anyone else's maps and they had to send me links to screenshots showing the maps in order for me to see them.

I have just tried this in game and was able to view the map with a second player character after decoding with a different player character. Could you please try this again and advise if you are still having the problem? If so I would like to see the map.

Cheers!

Just tried it today and it worked fine. Must have been a one time thing or I was just mistaken.

I doubt it has anything to do with the windows, but ever since this last patch I have noticed that some items have gotten exceedingly harder to make exceptional than before.

I have ran across two items like this so far, one is Platemail Chest in Blacksmithy, and the other is Summon Water Elemental in Inscription.

I had to make like 20+ of each plate chest before it marked one, I'm not sure exactly how many but it was a bunch.

Takes me about as many just to even make a water elemental scroll lol.

If I come across anymore items like this I'll let you know.

Thanks!

[Image: 08942da1f31ef72e61336c04aae0559c.jpg]
I'll take a look at this before the next patch and compare craft/exceptional rates.

hate to say it, but 20 plate chests before exceptional is NORMAL.

5% chance to make exceptional plate chest at gm.

ya i really hate that.

jack, could you change that to like 10%?

I'll take a look into it, but if it's determined this is how it should be, it'll stay how it is. I don't see a reason to make plate chests easier to make when they are thehardest craft item in blacksmithy.

Even if I were to change it, I would either have to buff blacksmithy as a whole (making everything easier to make exceptional), or make a plate chest the same skill level as something like plate legs.