Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Direction of the Shard
Why not the classicmaster mage (+Apprentices)at Lycaeum gone mad and try to destroy and rules Moonglow Smile

http://www.uoguide.com/Lycaeum

-Grim

I like this shard, I like the way it is going and would be happy to help with storylines once I am more attuned to the game.

For now I would like to say that plants would be a good thing for crafters as well as things like decorative leather armour and armoured footwear. I like the idea of being to make everything you use and that would include planting crops and orchards for cooking/ feeding animals/growing cotton etc.

Is there a way to buy or make animal pens in other places or plant crops ? A friend mentioned the pens would be handy for tamers and the like to put their animals too.

Just some ideas on the side of the game I have come to know.

That would be fun less the cannon. I'm ok with tougher monsters and decorative pixels, but pleasedon't go overboard.

You can tame animals and put them in a house or in a pen somewhere in the world, but you can't make your own pen.

For crops, most crops grow on farms around the world and can be harvested andpicked up by anyone.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
That's cool, I just thought I would ask as I am pretty new to this game. A friend mentioned you may be making it economy driven i.e the more of something a vendor has the cheaper it becomes but not sure what that would entail.

As for story lines how about for the town raids that may be happening, they can be controlled by a badass boss who is sending them out but if say half of the population of that zone were needed to join forces in order to defeat him for rare drops and/or a break in the raids it would promote cooperation between players. just a thought, something to balance out the PVP tournaments for a more rounded experience.

Quote:That's cool, I just thought I would ask as I am pretty new to this game. A friend mentioned you may be making it economy driven i.e the more of something a vendor has the cheaper it becomes but not sure what that would entail.

That's on the list of things to do, might take a while before I get around to it though. Vendors should hold on to items players sell them until their next restock, and then base their prices off what has been bought/sold, I don't think it's currently the case that vendors hold onto items at all, they effectively vanish once sold to the vendor.

Town raids will definitely be considered. We do have 3 non-PvP events run a week currently on the auto-schedule. 2 Survival games and a Bagball.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
I have been here about a week so far and I am really enjoying it here. I agree with the QoL changes that have been made recently and think they are definitly for the better. The moongates and the bandages for sure.

I am all on board for this shard staying T2a accurate to a point, but i think some things could be done to make it more immersive for every thpe of player.

I would certainly suggest looking at the dungeon spawns and possibly make some changes there. I know they may be pretty accurate, but it seems like everybody is piling up in Destard to farm for gold and gear when there should be loads of other places that are viable for making gold and such.

I really like this server so far and the direction it is taking. Few minor things that I think could be changed.

Magic Items Jewelry and Clothing : When it has buffs you positive or negative it uses the charges as fast as it can. Is there anyway so it would use a charge then when the effect runs out it uses another?? Agility, Strenth and Intel clothing is kinda useless right now cuz all the charges are wasted in seconds.

I know someone mentioned BODs i was just wondering if some of the crafting could receive some magical/runic/w/e you wanna call it items. Just to make crafting more interesting.I thought tribal spears and Monster related clothing could be fun just for anti monster perspective.

Also the spawns in certain areas i think are a little slow, i think certain zones the spawn should be heavier so that it allows for more difficulty level. If harder monsters spawn more often mixed in with medium monsters it will be more challenging when dungeon crawling with a group.

EVENTS : I think an Obstacle Course, or Scavenger Hunts could be really fun and some cool group events. Where multiple people of different styles have to work together.

Also some of the skills that are useless could be made into something fun.

I think Cooking should be much cooler then it is!

Add some special items that can be cooked would be fun!

Also forensic evaluation? Anyway to make that cool? I think bounties on this server could be a bigger deal. Maybe some NPC Murderes that have bounties that people have to track and kill. The longer they stay on the run the bigger the bounty gets and the bigger his entourage gets.

Murderer/Bank Robber and his gang, bounty increases.

People have been asking if there are any quests on this server, is that what the storylines are needed for ?

Bounties would be cool, especially on people who kill and steal from players on a regular basis. Perhaps there could be some sort of bulletin board where players could post their own bounties?

It also may be an idea to be able to imbue items with magic, given the right skill set and reagents.