Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Direction of the Shard
Attached a poll to get opinions. Please post your reasoning.

Of course there are options that are not listed but if your response does not fall into one of the given options, select "Don't Care".

Responses are anonymous.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
Well clearly I like the server been here pretty active with occasional lulls since about 10 days after launch roughly. To be clear I am good with it as is. Things that I think could help attract other people while not hurting mechanics, economy too badly, and nostalgia would be

uor houses

new crafting menus

Bods

Fishing nets

some uor mobs added but no further in time

some people asked about growing plants

Things I think need to never be thought of

bonding pets

blessed runebooks

specialized attacks that came with uor

newer mounts beetles and crap

custom houses

no ilshenar, malas

no recalling into lost lands that is why entrances are there

no power scrolls

no slayer weapons or instruments

Just my thoughts. But I am good as it is. and these are just ideas to kick around. If none were added I would be fine.

Xandorf likes this post
I agree pretty much with Yakka.

I would love to see some changes that don't affect the feel of the era too much, which I think all the things he listed would be good.

I would also like to see things like selectable moongates (restrictions for pvp flagged would be fine), cutting more than one bandage at a time, the different types of leather to give tailoring some extra purpose, etc.

I am not sure what point in the game that the hedge maze and despise dungeon were changed but it would be nice to see the demon and imps in the hedge maze again and for despise to be lizardmen in the top level and ettins/ogres in the lower level with ogre lords in the bottom level. As they are, they may be era accurate but hedge maze is pretty boring and pointless with nothing in it, and despise is just irritating and too low level (slimes and rats throughout) to ever have a reason to go there.

I applaud the idea of trying to stick with the feel of second age as much as possible and I definitely support that goal, but I also think that some of the changes being asked for would be very good for gameplay and enjoyment with very little impact on that feel we are going for.

thats my two gold

I am cool with however it's set up as long as the pvp is t2a accurate. ^.^

I agree with everything said so far. Would really like to see the uor style moongates also. I like the idea of Uor houses too.

Everything in yakka's post is cool with me.

P.S And OMG thank you for making the bandages insta-cut!!! I always hated that about the old days of uo, takes forever to cut one at a time.

P.P.S. And can you add masks of orcish kin to the game for the urks. I always loved fighting those little boogers, and I think that's the only reason they haven't flooded to here.

[Image: 08942da1f31ef72e61336c04aae0559c.jpg]
To be honest and extreme, if the intent is to introduce features from later periods, I will stop playing. I found this shard looking for a T2A shard. I am still new here, have little invested, and no reason to stay if it changes.

Now things like tournaments and events are fine. They enhance the experience while keeping the flavor.

To address some of the already mented features:

- Bandage cutting full stacks is just fine. There's no nostalgia there for me.

- UOR houses are UOR and should stay there

- New craft menus should be eiminated

- BODs should burn in a fire =)

- Fishing nets are just weird.

- UOR mobs and UOR and should stay there

- Plants I am on the fence about. I never planted any of them and don't hate them.

- No selectable moongates. The old system was more immersive.

- No leather types.

Nix any positive argument I had for any feature creep. T2A all the way! No more polls! Silence the naysayers!

No to UO:R mobs and houses, wouldn't mind bods and plant growing for additional decoration fun. Most importantly, don't touch the combat mechanics and I'm a happy camper.

While I agree that T2A mechanics are preferable, everything having to do with BoDs, newer houses, quality of life updates, and updated mob spawn is simply additional content. They don't change how you play the game. They give you more things to do.

I started playing here very shortly after the server birth. I love the shard, and I'm incredibly thankful for Jack and what he's done here. Infact, Iwas so excited that I played just about every day.

The problem is that after a few months of playing, I've done pretty much everything there is to do, and I've got pretty much everything I care to own (not that i'm a bazillionaire).I'm still checking the forums at least a few times a day, and I'll do the occasional rare sweep because that can be fun, but other than that I haven't got much of a reason to log in and run around in game.I've become something I found really distastefulwhen I was more active: a glorified house refresher sitting on great spots.

Anyway, the thing that defines T2A to me is the combat mechanics. Everything else is just an interesting wayto apply those mechanics or keep you busyuntil you do.

I'm not leaving regardless of which direction this goes. I want to support Jack's vision here. The difference is how active a role I playand these days that's pretty slim.

Well, I'll have to say, when Electronic Gaming Monthly ran an article on Ultima Online in '96, My friends and I were all in our mid 30's and just excited for the game. This shard is the foundation for the excitement that took Ultima from '97 to the last patch before Ren. Ultima was difficult. Things took forever to acquire. Sometimes I don't understand why people think they can't pvp at skill level whatever, but ah well. I've been on the shard for 12 days. And everything has taken me back to that feeling of "ahhhhh". I'm ready to invite my friends back, and play Lost Lands. It has been so missed.

I hope the feeling stays. Ease of use stuff is good. But era accuracy should be up front. Crafting should be DIFFICULT. But, at the same time it should be easy to use.

One thing I hope that happens is mob path finding a.i. Otherwise, I noticed bandages now cut all.

That's good. Moongates are easy to use. That's good. I think the shard is going to be in the right place. It's a lot of fun right now.

-peace.

I'll have to say, that there are a couple of houses that are Renaisance that aren't so bad, such as that small stone tower, or sand stone patio. I know they aren't "accurate", but they add charm.

I think what it comes down to is mechanics accuracy is most important. While visual charm and flair can be something that attracts others .

Fun Jack!!