Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Direction of the Shard
Randbo, trammel came with UOR never in t2a. Cutting bandages one at a time is another thing for someone to add to vendors to those that don't want to macro it themselves. Crafting menu choice is good appeases both sides.

Chiming in late here, because I've been on gaming hiatus for a while due to work. There are two things I miss greatly in this version.

First, a couple of the houses, specifically the small stone tower and the log cabin. They are both nice looking structures that don't befoul the landscape like so many of the newer houses did.

Second, I really really miss plants. Plants were a wonderful time sink. You can spend weeks and months trying to breed all the colors of all the plants, and it could take months to randomly get a pure black or pure white plant.

Hunting swamp beasts for your first seeds was dangerous, and if you were lucky you could even find a green thorn. Green thorns could be planted to generate the whipping plant which needed to be killed in order to find decorative climbing plants, and you had to do this many times in order to get the vines you wanted.

Growing plants do nothing but add non-neon, non-glaring decorative options for your home. Plus, they take a lot of time and attention from players. In order to grow plants without them dying, you need high level potions. You also need lots and lots and lots of fertile dirt, which you can only get from killing earth elementals. So not only do plants drive people to the countryside, they drive people to dungeons, and then keep them logging in day after day after day to tend to their plants. They force people to buy from player vendor to support their plants, or make their own high level alchemist. And they don't DO anything other than make a nice house decoration if you don't implement the stupid leaf-eating part. I really miss them, I found them to be quite amusing.
leaving the crafting menu choice in is very good. dont feel bad about that jack. do note that 75% like the changes, only 25% are purists. i can live with the moongates and bandages.

as for purists, dont use razor. thats cheating. also, do note that you have up and down arrows on your skills and stats. thats not t2a. remember when you had to gain a certain skill to make sure it was the one that went down? also you had no way to know when you hit 700. forget your stats. no real way to control them. fun times, huh?

Glad to see the moongate change, I think that's a great decision.

Bandages, well, I'd love 1 cut but I don't think that's a big deal.

Plants sound cool and I think that would be a nice feature for those who enjoy that type of thing.

I think the most important thing is to keep the combat the same - that means keep weapons the same, keep skills the same and keep combat timers the same.

Also, I would love to see some new content such as NPC raids on towns. I am really for PvM content that brings people together for a common goal. And make a raid mean something and give a good reason for people to go to it. Just off the top of my head, pick a town that isn't being utilized like Vesper. Have the vendors there sell 3-4x more than usual vendors (especially reg vendors). And have the town raided by NPCs. If NPCs win (they reach the bank say) then vendors don't sell anything. When the town is in control of players they can utilize shopping more. Just an idea to open discussion.

I will definitely be doing something along the lines of what you mention, Loxley. I am fishing for ideas for storylines that can go along with world events. So, if anyone has ideas, please send them through to me as I am not really much of the creative type.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
I always enjoy town raid type events. It's a lot of fun when they are random. Nothing like doing your banking, just minding your own business, and suddenly being surrounded by orcs or undead and having to clear the town. What's interesting is to put it on a timer, so that the longer the town isn't cleared, the worse the infestation and the higher the level of difficulty in clearing it.

I have faith this shard will be just fine =) Thanks Jack, your reflection on this helps me understand your goals more.

Now to Randbo! In any age, a power gamer is a power gamer. I don't have to get rid of Razer because I used UOAssist back in the day. I used it illegally at first, and then legally once the US third party tool program approved that and UO Automap.

Skill locks were introduced to live servers 5 months before UOR was released. It's a common mistake with folks who were not super mega power gamers in 1999.
Sounds good to me. Having choices is nice ^.^

[Image: 08942da1f31ef72e61336c04aae0559c.jpg]
Jack I am curious what did you have in mind?

No idea at the moment. If you have any ideas feel free to send them through to me. It's about time to get some storyline kicked off for the shard. So far we just had the Halloween and Christmas events, but they weren't really considering any long term storyline for the shard, they were one off events.

Crafting is nearly done and I will be putting an implementation up on a test shard soon, which I really hope people will help me test it a bit. Bugs in the crafting system wouldn't be good, and the crafting system ishuge, so it'll be hard for me to test it all.

Players will be asked what crafting system they prefer when using craft for the first time (information is saved on a per-character basis). Players can switch between the type of craft system (UO:R/T2A) whenever they please.

[Image: jack-sig.png]