Patch 33a - 09/19/15 - Tailoring BODs, Power Hour and Unicode Speech
Patch 33 will be split into multiple parts as this system has been quite large to put together. These are some rough preliminary patch notes before the actual patch goes live, which will hopefully be this weekend. As this has been quite a big system to throw together, please feel free to make criticisms of things that can be improved.

Tailoring Bulk Order Deeds

You can now view the rewards for tailoring bulk order deeds here: https://uolostlands.com/bod-rewards

If you are unfamiliar with Bulk Order Deeds, this may be a bit confusing, but a guide will be coming. I will mainly talk about the differences of the UOLL BOD system vs normal BOD collections.

New items on UOLL relating to completion of BODs:
  • Spined leather (no AR bonus). New tailor craft resource.
  • Horned leather (no AR bonus). New tailor craft resource.
  • Barbed leather (no AR bonus). New tailor craft resource.
  • Bone is now a tailor resource, and bone piles can be cut up with scissors to get this resource (silly I know, but this is how OSI does it). Player bones (rib cages) can NOT be cut up, but rib cages can be cut up if they were obtained from an NPC.
  • Crafted bone armor has no AR bonus for exceptional, only durability. Bone armor is never hued, resource type is denoted by the name ("lined with barbed leather").
  • Small & Large BOD deeds (same look as a regular deed, but green).
  • Max BOD flip deed (explained below)

Changes on UO Lost Lands over the regular system:

• Collection
    • A BOD is collected by selling items to a tailor or weaver type NPC. There is a 20% chance the NPC will give you a BOD when you sell something.
    • BODs can be collected every 5.5 hours.
    • Small bulk order deeds require 70.1 tailoring to collect, so not just any character can grab them.
    • Large bulk order deeds require GM tailoring.
    • Everything BOD related is account based, and not character based. You can collect BODs on multiple characters on the account, but the delay to get your next BOD is account wide.
    • BODs can be "flipped". When handing in a bod, your timer to receive the next BOD is reset and you can collect a new one immediately.
    • By default, you can flip a maximum of 4 tailoring BODs per day. To increase this amount, you will need to purchase a "max BOD flip deed" from the platinum vendor for 25 platinum. This deed is single use and increases your total daily flips by 1 (for both smith & tailoring BODs). The number of times you can flip is account based, like everything else BOD related will be. There is no limit to the amount of BOD flip deeds you can add to your account.
    • Ophidians will have spined leather, increasing the sources of available spined leather.
  • Filling
    • Small BODs can be filled by targeting a container. This container can be your backpack or any other pack that you own and have access to (it does not need to be in your backpack). Filling a BOD this way will consume items in the container which match the BOD type.
    • For example, if you have 25 exceptional skirts & 5 exceptional robes, and you target the container with a 20 exceptional skirt BOD, it will consume up to 20 exceptional skirts from the container, leaving behind 5 exceptional skirts and 5 exceptional robes. The BOD will now be complete.
New BOD page on the MOTD, self explanatory:
[Image: bodpage.png]

Rewards
The main difference with rewards on UOLL for BODs, is that we will not have runics, which means something needed to fill the gap. To fill this gap, UOLL will have deedable, custom sized carpets. These will also function as a gold sink. Carpets come in 8 different types, the basic structure of which can be seen on the BOD reward page. I will discuss the mechanics of these here.

When you receive a rug/carpet deed reward, it will be 1 of 8 different types, which is partially random and partially depends on the level of the reward. 
  • Rugs are placed by double clicking the deed, then targeting 2 locations. The rug will be created with a length and width of the targets (basically, it will fill the targeted area).
  • Every rug is initialized as a "9 yard rug" (max 3x3 size).
  • Rugs can not be smaller is length or width of 3 tiles.
  • 2 rugs of the same type can be combined to create a bigger rug. Double click the first deed and target the second deed. 1/3rd of the smallest rug size will transfer the the larger rug deed. For example, a 9 yard rug and a 12 yard rug will combine to give: 9/3 + 12 = 15 yards. The division is always rounded down.
  • If you attempt to place a rug that is larger than the yard size of the deed, you will have an option to pay for the additional tiles with gold. This costs 10k per tile.
  • Single carpet/rug tiles will be available on the platinum vendor for 5 platinum each. Anyone who has already purchased carpet (for the current 25 plat price), is entitled to a refund. These will remain on the plat vendor for customization of rugs, and patterns.
  • Placed rugs can be redeeded, and the redeeded rug will have the new max yard value of the placed rug (if it was increased).
  • Rugs decay when houses do, like addons.
There are also 8 different sandal hues available as a high end reward. The hue you receive will be a random one. The valid hues are:

(These hues are kind of hard to see with the white forum background, I'll consider implementing a grey background for the forum item API)

Power Hour
  • Power hour is now available. Power hour gives a boost to gaining skills and stats for a maximum of 1 hour per day. This will help significantly help casual/non macro players with their character development on UOLL.
  • To activate power hour or see your status, look in the MOTD gump under "Game Portal".
  • Power hour takes 23 hours to reset, allowing some leniency for variable play time.
  • Power hour deeds are available for 5 platinum, allowing additional power hours.

Achievements
Several crafting achievements added surrounding BODs and gathering.
  • Achievements for completing Large BODs & Small BODs added.
  • Achievement for mining ore added.
  • Achievement for chopping logs added.
  • Achievement for skinning leather added.
IRC Bot
  • A new IRC bot has been written which will not require being hooked into the server code. This will eliminate any possibility of lag issues relating to the bot.
  • 2 new commands on the IRC Bot:
    • !seen [name] - responds with the last time the bot saw that person logged into IRC.
    • !8ball [question] - Responds as if the bot were an magic 8 ball. Just for fun.
Misc
  • Gnarled itemid staves now consume charges properly.
  • Fixed an issue with text being visible from up to 24 tiles away, but the client being unaware of the mobile and the text appearing in the bottom left of the screen as a result.
  • Various layering fixes on MyUOLL
  • Hiding now always requires a 10 second delay on failure.
  • Empty treasure map chests can now be chopped by anyone.
  • The bardiche attack sound was corrected.
  • Players can now use unicode speech, this is toggle-able in the MoTD. A client update will become available soon for those who wish to be able to write in accented characters or other languages.
  • Nujel'm Graveyard guardzone corrected.
  • Blank maps now have the correct itemid in the shopkeeper's window. This will fix problems players were having with buy/sell agents.
  • Monster statue names are now all in lower case, and the string format has been slightly altered.
  • Pets will reset to 100% loyalty in the stables.
  • Drakes now require 95.1 taming, down from 95.7.
  • Air elemental, poison elemental and fire elemental have had their death sounds corrected.
  • Fixed an issue that caused standing in your own poison/fire field to flag you as a criminal.
  • *Someone is attacking you!* messages no longer appear if the attacker is logged out or more than 24 tiles away (eg: tinker traps).
  • Aggressor info is properly cleared when CTF ends.
  • The achievement leaderboard no longer shows players who have 0 points.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Looks good Jack but I have to ask about the lower cased names on statuettes. What is the rationale for using all lower case letters for mini-boss statuettes? "Father of the Damned Statuette" looks much better than "father of the damned statuette". Not a complaint just wondering why the deviation from standard English related to proper names. Can't wait to try out the tailoring bod system!!! Smile
Simply because it's consistent with the majority of items in the game. I have no problem with capitalizing them, it just seemed more consistent to keep them lower case.
Fair enough, I guess because the regular statuettes are properly named like "Crocodile Statuette" the mini-bosses would be the same. Anyway, I just drew my first bod (woot woot) and got a bone one. On the turn in chart, I don't see rewards for bones listed.
That's because bones don't actually give any additional reward. There will be a leather type listed on the bod (eg: regular, spined), which is what row it will correlate with.
This bod I have has no leather type listed with it, it just says 20 exceptional bone leggings, with the bone legging graphic.  I have also went out trying to get bones, and using scissors on skeleton remains gives nothing,  I can kill bone magi and get bone that way but no thanks I'll just toss the bod.  I even killed some NPC's and tried using scissors on their ribs, no dice.

Question about the flip deeds, are they cumulative and add one "flip" every day, forever - or are they +1 flip for 24 hours only?

One more thing, I see no place on the tailoring menu to select bone as a resource.
If there's no leather type listed, then it uses regular leather. The bone piles you can cut are the ones that fishermen drag up, they also on giant ice serpents currently, a 4/10 chance they will drop. Bone BODs are notoriously difficult to complete and often end up being trashed on other shards. Perhaps I can implement "skinning" on undead mobs to make them easier. The other option is to just remove bone as a craftable, completely, and take the bone BODs out. This would make the overall difficulty of obtaining rewards lower though.

BOD flip deeds increase your account's max flips forever.

You don't select bone as a resource in the menu, there's an option to create bone armor.

[Image: yuPBAYG.png]

For T2A styled menus, simply target the bone.

[Image: t2abone.png]

Edit: Actually, I stand corrected, you can not cut the bones fishermen pull up, but I'll implement this. The only places you can get multiple bones currently are:
  • Giant ice serpents, 40% chance for a bone pile drop. Gives 10-15 bones.
  • Rib cages are not currently implementing an interface that they're supposed to, so they won't work currently.
I would think skinning undead mobs would be the answer, like reptiles drop leather, undead drops bones. Maybe scale the number of bones according to creature size like with other resource types like leather. I'd also add bone resources for undead mini-bosses since "undead is undead".
I can confirm the drop of bone piles on the giant ice serpents, but the bones they drop are unable to be cut up, I guess like the fisherman bones. I used a dagger and a pair of scissors.. Upon use, the dagger says. "You can't use a bladed item on that", and scissors say, "Scissors cannot be used on that to produce anything" - so for now I think it's safe to say bones are busted ATM.
Ah bummer. Will get this fixed for the next patch so hold on to those bone BODs Tongue