Poll: Random team or select team?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Random Team
78.57%
11 78.57%
Select Team
21.43%
3 21.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team events - random teams or nay?
I've been working on some additional events and am rebuilding some things to make it easier to create new events in future. One thing I'm not sure about is if I should make teams random this time around or have the player select which team they want to be on (with a random rebalance before the game starts if people try to stack onto one team).

How do players feel about it?
[Image: jack-sig.png]
(06-01-2016, 09:53 PM)Jack Wrote: I've been working on some additional events and am rebuilding some things to make it easier to create new events in future. One thing I'm not sure about is if I should make teams random this time around or have the player select which team they want to be on (with a random rebalance before the game starts if people try to stack onto one team).

How do players feel about it?

I chose random, as much as I'd like to be on the same team with the guys I've played with for years..sometimes it just wouldn't be fair.  I can see this in a sect if we had the ability to set them off ourselves, maybe as a goldsink that takes a % rake like poker would.  This would give the ability to those teams who really wanted to battle it out to do so and potentialy make some money off the team that lost.  Interested to see how other people weigh in.
Apoc and Wiz Kid like this post
Apoc[PEE] - Today at 4:10 PM
if i was near you i'd bang you the fk out
Back in day divinity had it where you picked with rebalance. They would actually show who had signed up on which team so one team would always be overloaded when signing up but would bounce players to even the teams in numbers. Random or picking you will still have times where player skill is very one sided. Goldsink to launch events is a cool concept.
Are we really to the point where we need to goldsink for events?

I R NEW GLD PLS
Rapture likes this post
(06-03-2016, 06:44 PM)farnk Wrote: Are we really to the point where we need to goldsink for events?

I R NEW GLD PLS

Well when you have 125 Castle deeds and you cant bank anymore, its time to gold sync
Isis likes this post
(06-05-2016, 02:42 AM)Boss Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 06:44 PM)farnk Wrote: Are we really to the point where we need to goldsink for events?

I R NEW GLD PLS

Well when you have 125 Castle deeds and you cant bank anymore, its time to gold sync

That's why you keep it in gold coins which uses 0 items, 0 stones Big Grin
[Image: jack-sig.png]
(06-05-2016, 03:43 AM)Jack Wrote:

I R NEW GLD PLS

Rekt
Apoc[PEE] - Today at 4:10 PM
if i was near you i'd bang you the fk out
(06-05-2016, 07:11 AM)Rapture Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 03:43 AM)Jack Wrote:

I R NEW GLD PLS

Rekt
REKTUM DAMN NEAR KILT EM
ill say teams

I R NEW GLD PLS

I agree that random teams is the way to go for automated events. However,  Skraps mention of activating custom team options for some of the events would be awesome. 

Lets say o2k wants to challenge >X< (just an example) to a CTF. One member could make a wager of up to x amount of gold & click their challenger. Then much like in 2v2s, 3v3s etc the team leader selects teammates. The reward money then goes into the team leaders account & can be divided up as the winners see fit. 5% sink  Big Grin
Bobby Boulders likes this post
[Image: wizkidsig.png]