Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to keep yourself 100% Thiefproof
We've had an influx of some new thieves, some of whom may look disturbingly like "Beaker" from the muppets:    

Accordingly, I thought it would be appropriate to remind everyone how to keep your platinum safe from thieves during town invasions.

For this project you'll need:
1 lockable box (can be made by a new character with 50 carpentry/50 tinkering)
1 backpack
The "magic lock" and "magic unlock" spell

1. Place the box inside your main pack and open it. 
2. Place the backpack inside the box. 
3. Cast "magic lock" on the box and drag the open box gump off to the side of your screen.

You can now place items directly into the backpack within the box and they cannot be stolen.  Additionally, you can use regs, bandaids, runebooks/runes and potions through the locked box but thieves can't steal those either.  You CANNOT, however, equip any items within the box, so, for example, light (under 10 stones) weapons locked within the box are unusable, and vulnerable while outside the box.  You also can't drop items directly into the box, you have to drop them into a subcontainer within the box (thus the backpack).

4. To access the contents of the box, just cast "magic unlock" on it.  You'll also need to do this if you accidentally close the open box gump to reopen it.

5.  Remember that items under 10 stones can be stolen, so make sure your box has more than just platinum in it or the thief could just steal the whole thing outright Smile
The Gods, Jack, Greta And 1 others like this post
imma do this from now on tho cuz its fullproof but another way...which i do is put everything in a pouch(reg pouch, runes, bandies, ect) and put a spellbook over the pouch(thieves can still get to your pouch this way though) so thats y i put a few more newbied items over the spellbook and pouch and havent been stolen from since...thieves try to move all the items i guess with a macro or sumthing but theres too many items to move to get to the pouch and they just move on...idk if its fullproof like pixelclickers method tho or if a really good thief just hasnt tried me yet... so i definitely suggest using pixelclickers method....+1 Smile
New on the server and would like some help? You are welcome to join our new players guild NEW. You can reach us in Discord
Elders of NEW are: The Gods, Ornithology, Groucho, Van, Kj(Temporary Co-GM), Catweazle(Temporary Co-GM), Pringles, and Black

Good thieves increase item delay to move those items and expose your bag/pouch to get into it.
Veranis and Bobby Boulders like this post
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]
(06-29-2016, 07:47 PM)Skrap Wrote: Good thieves increase item delay to move those items and expose your bag/pouch to get into it.

even if u got 4 items over ur pouch? guess no good thief has tried me since i stareted putting 4 items over pouch instead of just spellbook cuz when i did only spellbook they untrap my pouches so means they moved spellbook to get into pouch...but since i put 4 things over thieves have sat next to me then walk away after a minute...guess meaning they couldnt get to pouch idk...like i said maybe just havent had a good thief try  me when i have 4 things over pouch and spellbook...but im def doing ur way for sure Smile
New on the server and would like some help? You are welcome to join our new players guild NEW. You can reach us in Discord
Elders of NEW are: The Gods, Ornithology, Groucho, Van, Kj(Temporary Co-GM), Catweazle(Temporary Co-GM), Pringles, and Black

(07-01-2016, 07:02 PM)The Gods Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 07:47 PM)Skrap Wrote: Good thieves increase item delay to move those items and expose your bag/pouch to get into it.

even if u got 4 items over ur pouch? guess no good thief has tried me since i stareted putting 4 items over pouch instead of just spellbook cuz when i did only spellbook they untrap my pouches so means they moved spellbook to get into pouch...but since i put 4 things over thieves have sat next to me then walk away after a minute...guess meaning they couldnt get to pouch idk...like i said maybe just havent had a good thief try  me when i have 4 things over pouch and spellbook...but im def doing ur way for sure Smile
 hmu next time you're at wbb
Jack of Shadows likes this post
If the toon you are using has less than 100 magery he/she can magic lock a GM made box but not magic unlock the box. With that said...wtb non GM crafted tramel boxes!
[Image: wizkidsig.png]
(07-01-2016, 07:02 PM)The Gods Wrote:

Yes there are definitely ways under, even if you put 100 items over pouch Wink
Veranis: Who's brokering the deed fight @Brutal ?
Elk: How much are you betting and what are the rules
Brutal: patio deed
Brutal: Blitz can broker, i dont trust elk
Elk: it's time for me to cash in all my non-scamming years
Elk: And steal a patio deed
https://uolostlands.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1117
They probably use a different app than the setandard bag to bypass four bags layered