Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My REAL account stopped working
Earlier this morning, I just got all my friends to play UO, as SOON as they were ready to adventure, Razor crashed and now I can't log into my real account, neither on the game nor this server/site.

I confirmed my email, what happened? Now its stuck on Verifying Account.

Please Help,

My real account name is xxxxxx. (edited out account name - Jack)

Thanks!

-Will

Hi Will, did you have any luck troubleshooting this? Did you try rebooting and running Razor as administrator? Also check your firewall isn't blocking UO. Let us know if you're still stuck on this.
I've run into this a couple of times. The UO client isn't very good at explaining why it can't verify the account. In both cases I had either mistyped the password or I was trying to create a password with special characters.

Also, see this post for an issue I was having with crashes while playing. This probably won't help with account verification, but it's still a good idea to change those settings.

I've had some issues reconnecting to the server after a crash, just stalls at verifying account. Usually if I restart the client it works instantly. I think the client is just finnicky on newer versions of windows.

I had a chat with Morak last night, I'm fairly certain the issue was firewall related. Server side, it's giving a message I'd never seen before - his attempts were just timing out. Rebooting didn't fix. Similar issues on the RunUO forums seemed to be firewall related.

[Image: jack-sig.png]