Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Targeting bars and the action not being recognized
I've been having this problem since I arrived here in September or October. I always just kind of accepted it and dealt with it without really pursuing a fix, but lately it's really been getting to me.

What happens: when I attempt to complete an action by manually clicking the target on a player or NPC status bar, I often get system messages indicating an invalid target. "Too far away" is the one I often get when casting greater heal my pets, despite them being only 2-3 tiles away from me. It happens during fights and PVP events but I often don't get any messages during these failures. It seems random, and happens about ~5-10% of the time.

As you know, I really enjoy the survival game Smile This "bug" has been the reason for my death in 10 out of the past 20 times I attempted survival, and I've finally became frustrated enough to ask if you have any clue what is happening, and what I can do to fix it. I finally uninstalled UO and reinstalled the UO:LL official client a few weeks ago, thinking it might be the problem, but it's happening just as often now as it was before.

Here's an example video, slowed down 50% so you can better see what's going on. I'm using skill provocation, using a "target closest grey" hotkey (you see it when the mob beside me highlights grey), and then manually clicking another mob's bar. It happened twice in a row today on two different status bars, and I was very deep in the match so it was especially discouraging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6jYlUdtLlg

I believe there is something going on in my client that is making the bars transparent. I suspect this because sometimes I have bars hovering over my inventory pack, and when I click to drag the bar away to another position on my screen, I actually end up dragging an item out of my pack, and the bar remains in the same spot.

I know Bloom has had this problem during some 3v3 fights we did. He was having problems with his heals not going through. I've had this same experience during CTF on a few occasions trying to heal team mates. It only happens when clicking the bar; it doesn't happen when using LastTarget or other various target hotkeys.
Veranis: Who's brokering the deed fight @Brutal ?
Elk: How much are you betting and what are the rules
Brutal: patio deed
Brutal: Blitz can broker, i dont trust elk
Elk: it's time for me to cash in all my non-scamming years
Elk: And steal a patio deed
I've had this issue as well... Sometimes at very unfortunate times.

I can chime in here too that targeting by healthbar has always been a hit or miss for me too.. I just never spoke up about it. I never had trouble targeting the specific mob but you are right when you have lifebars pulled and that happens, it can be fatal Sad Wish I could be more helpful.. Have you had this happen say when there are 3-5 lifebars pulled or do you notice it more when you are upwards of say 7-10? Just trying to nail down some specifics..
I've heard of people having this issue on other shards, but I've never experienced it myself. It's something on the client end which you can tell by the fact you are picking up items through the bar. Unfortunately I've never experienced it so I can't offer any help in rectifying this. Should be something in client/razor settings..

edit: Possibly I've never experienced it because I always keep health bars in the black area where there is nothing to possibly target if the health bar is "missed".
[Image: jack-sig.png]
(05-17-2016, 10:23 PM)Jack Wrote: I've heard of people having this issue on other shards, but I've never experienced it myself. It's something on the client end which you can tell by the fact you are picking up items through the bar. Unfortunately I've never experienced it so I can't offer any help in rectifying this. Should be something in client/razor settings..

edit: Possibly I've never experienced it because I always keep health bars in the black area where there is nothing to possibly target if the health bar is "missed".

Another way to reproduce the bug is to buy something from a vendor that overloads you and falls on the ground.  Cast gate and hit Ctrl-shift.  The first time you try to drag it, it won't recognize the stack.
I've noticed this issue when I click on the health portion of a bar. When I click on the name portion I never have this problem.
[Image: wizkidsig.png]