Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
body decay
i skinned the meat off of one of tmaps corpses and it all decayed in like 8 seconds.
[Image: wizkidsig.png]
When someone dies there is a timer for the corpse to turn to bones that is around 7 minutes.

If you cut the corpse, it will decay at the end of that 7 minutes. If you cut the corpse after it has already been decaying for 6 minutes and 59 seconds, it will decay 1 second later.

I'm not sure how accurate that is. I'll test it out on the demo to see what happens there.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
sorry, the bones did not decay that quick. it was the head, torso etc. prob closer to 20 seconds but i don't remember the body parts decaying that fast. i'll time it some time today over a few corpses
Body parts are newbie items and have a 30 second decay timer, that is intentional.
oh crazy. i don't remember body parts being newbied. on that note, are some of the BoD rewards newbied? someone was blocking a rune spot of mine that was deep in a runebook so i had to unblock the spot. he had mining gloves on him that did not drop to the corpse
Gloves of mining are not newbied or blessed, they are not newbied or blessed in the default RunUO scripts either so it wouldn't be a leftover artifact.

Are you sure they weren't just regular newbied leather gloves?
Jack, give us jerky from corpses. ty
(05-10-2016, 02:20 AM)Jack Wrote: Gloves of mining are not newbied or blessed, they are not newbied or blessed in the default RunUO scripts either so it wouldn't be a leftover artifact.

Are you sure they weren't just regular newbied leather gloves?

Yes,  I checked & was going to hold them for the player seeing as I gave them to him. I just didn't want to rearrange my runebook. I had to do the unspeakable  Cry

I'll turn in a BoD for a pair & test it. It may have been user error.
(05-10-2016, 02:30 AM)Isis Wrote: Jack, give us jerky from corpses. ty

You already can get jerky from corpses, I put this in a while ago. It comes from cutting up human arms and will have the name of the player attached to it (eg: jerky of Isis)

Jerky is newbied too!