Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 tiles in house kill
a cpl nerds managed to kill me 3 tiles in at my keep. ghost was 3 tiles in and i resynced. that is in fact where the character was parked.

said nerds (at least one of them) are not the brightest crayons in the box. fix? Smile

[Image: 3_tiles_in.jpg]
[Image: wizkidsig.png]
Did the killers stand on the roof of another house to cast in?
[Image: jack-sig.png]
(05-08-2016, 11:53 PM)Jack Wrote: Did the killers stand on the roof of another house to cast in?

nope, no 3rd party app was used either. One randomly named nerd tried explaining to wk how to correctly target on rooftops and roof tiles, but shortly after this was dismissed by him defined by unknown logic to be abusing a los bug, when in fact it was from not correctly knowing the game mechanics and where to target in the client it's self. Sometime's random said suggestions remind me of osi when carebears cried for fixes and magically the game spawned a fully functional world for players to deco, banksit, and pvm in.
I'd like to see how it's done so I can make a judgement call on it. You shouldn't really be able to see the roof tile of the keep unless you have the height to do it, or the door is open, unless there's something I'm missing here.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Sure thing jack, hop in game tomorrow 5-6pm ct
(05-09-2016, 02:02 AM)Isis Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 11:53 PM)Jack Wrote: Did the killers stand on the roof of another house to cast in?

nope, no 3rd party app was used either. One randomly named nerd tried explaining to wk how to correctly target on rooftops and roof tiles, but shortly after this was dismissed by him defined by unknown logic to be abusing a los bug, when in fact it was from not correctly knowing the game mechanics and where to target in the client it's self. Sometime's random said suggestions remind me of osi when carebears cried for fixes and magically the game spawned a fully functional world for players to deco, banksit, and pvm in.

i didn't say you were exploiting a bug. you clearly don't read what someone has said before you start typing. i said it is a bug. not that you were exploiting a bug. i know how to cast an area spell and click on something.  Rolleyes

the los bug that was hugely taken advantage of on another server that is based in this era didn't go so well for player satisfaction. making a home over a mil useless for parking a toon. there's no carebear here. just your thick skull
Apoc and Veranis like this post
[Image: wizkidsig.png]
(05-09-2016, 08:54 PM)Wiz Kid Wrote:

i didn't say you were exploiting a bug. you clearly don't read what someone has said before you start typing. i said it is a bug. not that you were exploiting a bug. i know how to cast an area spell and click on something.  Rolleyes

the los bug that was hugely taken advantage of on another server that is based in this era didn't go so well for player satisfaction. making a home over a mil useless for parking a toon. there's no carebear here. just your thick skull
I'm pretty sure 6 tiles in is "safe zone" from outside casters using the los bug according to T2a mechanics.
(05-11-2016, 01:00 PM)Solar Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 08:54 PM)Wiz Kid Wrote:

I'm pretty sure 6 tiles in is "safe zone" from outside casters using the los bug according to T2a mechanics.

It should be 2 tiles between your character and an outer wall in this era, since earthquake alone can't deliver a killing blow. In this case with Wiz, the outer wall on the second level of the keep was targeted, and the damage was delivered to the area within 2 tiles on the x and y axes (horizontal), and apparently up to at least 10 or so tiles in the z-axis (vertical axis). Not sure that this was intended to be possible.
Veranis: Who's brokering the deed fight @Brutal ?
Elk: How much are you betting and what are the rules
Brutal: patio deed
Brutal: Blitz can broker, i dont trust elk
Elk: it's time for me to cash in all my non-scamming years
Elk: And steal a patio deed