Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interior House Doors
Hey all. I know that exterior house doors and secure containersare unpickable, but that locked down containers are pickable. Whatabout interior house doors?

My interior castle doors can't even be locked apparently.

Oh... well that answers my noob question in a way that I didn't expect. Thanks!

They should be lockable if I remember correctly, otherwise if someone gets a rune inside the courtyard you can't really prevent them from getting in.

Right, ok... that's what I thought. When I went back to check my (limited) references, though, I couldn't find it explicitly stated whether or not they could even be locked.

I'd hope they would be... not only to prevent your issue, but because i'd like to have a semi-public house in which the main area can be used for craftnig, etcwith a locked private room.

I'll have to check for myself when I get home. That still leaves the lockpick question, though.
IIRC, interior doors in this era are supposed to be lockable. I believe you had to create the keys before turning the house public, though. As I recall, you double click the house key and target an interior door and it makes a key for it...??

no when you placed house with interior doors the keys would be in your pack. You would have to figure out which door each key was for. Just build a table wall if you want security.

That is strange. Interior castle doors at the very least should certainly be able to be locked, and should be locked when the house is placed (if it is private). Are you sure you weren't given the interior castle door keys (ie courtyard doors) on placement? Have you tried "changing the house locks" from the house sign, or assigning a new key somehow?

I will look into this.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
Ok, so the original key received on placement does not work on the interior doors. However, as Jack suggested I changed the locks, and the single master key given does work on all doors. Strange, but it works.

Nice to be able to work through these things while we still have a low population!