Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purple potion timer changes
GE kegs for sale at my vendor Smile Imo, you shouldn't need ge's to pvp, along with magic items, but that's just me. The current system doesn't allow for a stalemate, so it's not needed.
Bought some of your reags and weapons @ -3- duels tonight. Purps are perfect where they're at. There's also some crazy stuff you can do w/ purples easier if the toss is expanded...just saying Wink
Isis likes this post
[Image: wizkidsig.png]
(04-13-2016, 09:50 PM)Jack Wrote:
(04-13-2016, 08:41 PM)Rapture Wrote: I have mixed feelings.  I like that it's more difficult because it requires more skill.  With that being said, it alienates anyone who's trying to be competitive but hasn't learned this yet.  Open it up, it won't affect those who know how to throw them already, but it will benefit those who are trying to learn.

This has always been my concern with the current timer, and also the "stop to refresh hally" timer here. Both make PvP a bit more difficult for new players.

I agree with the barrier to new players that Jack and Rapture indicated, it's also good to expand the timer because it would make purples act in accordance with the way they do for people who might join from other T2A shards.

Additionally, I think we should note that Wizkid and Veranis have both mastered the new timer, as has Rapture/Baal/Skrap.  Keeping the timer tight doesn't affect them, but disadvantages those who, as Rapture says "are trying to be competitive but haven't learned" the timer. 
EDIT: Cheerios, though arguing for the smaller window, sucks ass at throwing them. He missed 3/4 against a target that was standing still and not attacking him Smile

Finally, I note that I've personally thrown hundreds of these things on test and the live shard and have been unable to be consistent with them.  I know from testing absolute times for throwing them that my window seems to vary depending on when I'm playing, perhaps due to lag or some latency on my own machine.  I have no such issues on other shards. 
Quote:good to expand the timer because it would make purples act in accordance with the way they do for people who might join from other T2A shards.

It should be noted that UOSA and this shard have a purple timer that are entirely different than what RunUO has by default, and most (all?) other shards I have played or know about use the default purple scripts for timing (or arbitrarily add numbers to the timer to make them non razor-scriptable). So unless you were specifically talking about UOSA's timer, this quote isn't really applicable.

UOLL's timer is actually replicated from UOSA's, which was mostly the same but slightly different than what I experienced on the demo. Purples were slightly harder and less reliable to throw on the demo, I didn't actually figure out exactly how they worked on there.

UOLL's appears to have a window that is half of UOSA's.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
(04-15-2016, 02:00 AM)Jack Wrote:
Quote:good to expand the timer because it would make purples act in accordance with the way they do for people who might join from other T2A shards.

It should be noted that UOSA and this shard have a purple timer that are entirely different than what RunUO has by default, and most (all?) other shards I have played or know about use the default purple scripts for timing (or arbitrarily add numbers to the timer to make them non razor-scriptable). So unless you were specifically talking about UOSA's timer, this quote isn't really applicable.

UOLL's timer is actually replicated from UOSA's, which was mostly the same but slightly different than what I experienced on the demo. Purples were slightly harder and less reliable to throw on the demo, I didn't actually figure out exactly how they worked on there.

UOLL's appears to have a window that is half of UOSA's.

I was specifically talking about UOSA.