Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reflect Changes
Rainbow 
I would very much like to see reflect behave like item invisibility when casting greater heal & recall. I know item invisibility does not fire when casting any spell so I'm not sure if the reflect request would involve a lot of extra coding. Just for the sake of not making it super complicated I would support treating reflect exactly like invis for all spells. It's not ideal but if the code work for the original request is too much....

For players opposed to the second suggestion: You can always pop a pouch if you need to disrupt a spell and still get reflect up in time for something.

Currently reflect greater heals are OP IMO & end up requiring everyone to use them to stay on the level. Super lame! Tongue Thoughts?
HateCrime likes this post
[Image: wizkidsig.png]
Reflect is fine, just remove it from tournaments.
Cheerios likes this post
Apoc[PEE] - Today at 4:10 PM
if i was near you i'd bang you the fk out
(04-10-2016, 08:29 PM)Rapture Wrote: Reflect is fine, just remove it from tournaments.

This
Just remove it from the shard as a whole. gg
Bloom likes this post
*Cr3w*  *WAR US*                  ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐                    *Cr3w*  *WAR US*
[Image: coFgqHB.gif]
remove mounts too t.t
I wouldn't consider removing reflect items from the shard as to me those are a staple of the era. Magics tourns are "anything goes" - there are already 2 other tournament rulesets that disallow reflect items. I'm also not so sure that giving reflect items the same treatment as invisibility items would help (ie: not being able to apply them mid cast), as the user can just equip the reflect item prior to casting.

During UOR reflect items got a cooldown applied to them, but this was the same cooldown that was used on all types of defensive spells where the spell would not "adhere".
Rapture and fight milk like this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
The "cool down" timer for such items and spells made defensive magic pretty useless in the UOR era as it took to long to "cool down". I don't personally use a lot of magic jewelry but am not opposed to fighting a overpowered gear based character with my field characters. It feels nice when you can drop a over stocked tank mage with a character only carrying GM gear and g pots. Such gear is quite costly as well and will cost a fair amount if the gear is not self-farmed.