Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of questions
Hi guys!

I just started on Lost Lands and I'm getting used to things. Been playing UO on and off for a long time.

How up to date is the list of GM skills? I'm only seeing 11 people with GM Fletching. Is that accurate?

Speaking of Fletching, I really like Crafting skills and would love to open up a vendor once my skills develop more. How useful would a vendor be that sold GM crafted items? Do they sell well? I plan on making my crafter have these GM'd skills : Mining / Lumberjack / Blacksmith / Tinker / Carpentry / Tailoring / Fletching. Are items like house decorations or armor / weapons crafted from these skills useful for other players to have? Am I able to craft slayer type weapons, or would it be more benifitial to just hunt monsters for magical weapons and armor?

I see that there's more than one available ore. Do people like to purchase suits of armor made from different ore?

Are there multiple types of wood available, like Oak, or is it just the standard wood? If so, I may rethink my crafter and put Magery in exchange for points into LJ for the ability to recall.

What about the other crafting skills? Are potion Kegs in demand? Is there a point to GMing cooking? How about Inscription? Can I create full spell books and Runebooks?

Can fishing be GM'd from land, and is it illegal to fish unattended from land?

For Treasure maps from fishing and finding from monsters, does the person that decodes the map have to dig it up as well?

Are there frequent PKs? I'm not used to being able to mount a horse, so I'm a bit worried about a red player wizzing to my gatherer at the speed of light with his horse and blowing me away.

I know that Razor is available, but is using UOSteam illegal?

So far everyone has been very friendly, which is wonderful! Thank you in advance for answering any of my questions. I appreciate the help.
Jack likes this post
The GM skills are accurate. There are only a few GM fletchers. The good news is GM bows do have some demand. Archery here is better than most shards, so you will see some PVP builds that use archery. There should be decent demand for bows/heavy X bows. There is only one vendor in the yew area that carries them currently. You won’t make a fortune but the vendor fees are cheaper here and you raw material is free. You’ll make some decent money.

There aren’t a lot of armor users here, but the armor does sell for some pretty good prices compared to other shards. For crafting I prefer tailoring and blacksmithing precisely because of BOD’s. they both have high end decorative items that can only be obtained via BOD’s so along with selling some stuff for decent change, you’ll get some very high end decorative items that if sold can generate some major price tags. Basically, you don’t even need to sell to the public at all with a tailor or a smith.

The best moving crafted items are likely poisoned weapons, and potion kegs. Most of the people play here because of the amazing automated events. Most of those events are PVP centric, so PVP items are where the cash it at. Also reg selling is always a decent enterprise. There’s a ton of reg vendors out there though, so there isn’t much of a premium to make.

No slayer weapons here. GM fishing I’m not sure on. I “think” I gm’d from land, but you still need to go out to sea to have a chance at the MIB. Don’t AFK gather MIBs, wood, or ore. Darwin will find you and punish you eventually.

The person who decodes the treasure map needs to dig it up. Once the chest is spawned, you can bring anyone in to pick and loot it. The decoder needs to dig it though.

Pk’ing in the main world is pretty light. I’ve only been pk’d twice in normal play. Once was at a lvl 4 dungeon chest. The other time was over an easter spawn. The only place you really need to worry about being PK’d is during town invasions (TI’s). I’ve been PK’d twice recently at TI’s so it is picking up. The good news is they are usually in it for the “sport” so most times they will rez you and give you your stuff. It’s nothing to really worry about. If you are in a TI and a PK spots you just run over to the healers house, LOL. That way you don’t have to wade through spawn to get your stuff. What they really want is for you to come back on your PVPer so they can get a fun bout in. By all means indulge them if you think you are ready.
Jack likes this post
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage
For transparency, the list of GM skills is updated every 30 minutes, so it's very accurate Smile

The only thing that takes longer than 30 minutes to update is the item database, which is every hour.
[Image: jack-sig.png]