Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello world!
Wink 
Hi! I'm new on this wonderful shard and I have a question? Do I need a tactics mage, if I don't plan to use any melee weapon. May well it helps to avoid breaking cast spells? (in addition wrestling)
(03-24-2016, 08:52 PM)Oh` Wrote: Hi! I'm new on this wonderful shard and I have a question? Do I need a tactics mage, if I don't plan to use any melee weapon. May well it helps to avoid breaking cast spells? (in addition wrestling)

Welcome!

If you don't want to use a weapon, you won't need tactics. Wrestling will increase the odds that a melee attack will miss, thus not interrupting your spells. 

My question is, does wrestling help against archery attacks? I'm guessing it does, but if you think about it, does being a good wrestler mean you know how to dodge arrows better?
Oh` likes this post
It's tactics beefeSmile

you know just when to duck behind the tree to avoid danger and use your surroundings to benefit you, etc.

Welcome to the shard Oh'. If you need a house to safely macro in, I've got some rental units in Yew that are free use to new players. It's the free houses for new players a few posts down from this one. You can go there and read up to see if you are interested.

Mages here typically have 3 melee skills wrestling (to avoid interrupts), swords (Halberd swings account for at least half your damage output), and tactics (further enhance halberd DPS). By all means make something different and unique. You will probably enjoy it more. I just wanted to let you know since 90% of the PVP types run with the hally/mage build. The most common variation is to substitute swords for archery.

Hally Mage:
Swordsmanship
Wrestling
Tactics
Magery
Meditation
Evaluating Intelligence
Resisting Spells
Solar and Oh` like this post
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage
Thanks guys! Varak, thanks for the house. I'll keep in mind.