Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craft Off Events?
(02-25-2016, 02:33 PM)Varak Wrote: I think it's a cool idea, but you risk rewarding the person with the best macroSmile

if you get the timing down really well a macro is considerably faster than a natural human clicking. At least faster than this human, heh heh. I'd consider doing it with exceptional BOD's. It wouldn't be macro driven as luck would play a much larger role. Give the blacksmith a 6 part exceptional plate BOD, with the requisite small BOD's. The first one to fill the full order wins. It will take more than a few well honed macros to win then. Don't announce the actual large BOD ahead of time and you'll have a much better representation of skill.

It won't work for all crafting skills since BOD's don't exist for all. You can simulate a BOD by having the players complete a set of different tasks. I can whip out kegs pretty efficiently, but throw in some scales, explosion traps, and spyglasses and it's likely to have a different ending.

The BOD idea is a pretty good idea.  What I was thinking in particular (for example) how many exceptional plate pieces can one make using a regular smith hammer.. that sort of thing.  Or how many level 8 scrolls can one do in a minute..  Sure macros play a part but so does the random number generator..  I'll keep brainstorming.  Keep the ideas coming!

Messages In This Thread
Craft Off Events? - by Darwin - 02-25-2016, 03:09 AM
RE: Craft Off Events? - by Varak - 02-25-2016, 02:33 PM
RE: Craft Off Events? - by Darwin - 02-25-2016, 10:05 PM
RE: Craft Off Events? - by Isis - 02-25-2016, 10:23 PM
RE: Craft Off Events? - by Darwin - 02-25-2016, 11:21 PM
RE: Craft Off Events? - by Varak - 02-26-2016, 11:23 PM