Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UOLL Discord
Discord is a pretty cool software for anyone who hasn't heard about it yet. 

Brings together Vent/Skype/IRC/Mobile texting all into one. 

Its free so I made a Lost lands server. 

Feel free to join. 

If you like vent/skype/trolling/or UO try it out.

https://discord.uolostlands.com

Note from Jack 05/14/16: Discord invite ID is: 0n3bIGpRlbVU553e for the desktop version.
Rapture and HateCrime like this post
I may look at switching IRC over to Discord. I've heard good things about it but haven't checked it out myself yet. Do you think it is a viable alternative? The only problem would be having to rework the bot to use Discord.

It would be great to combine all the communication channels (vent/IRC) into one, and use 0 money resources to do that.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Yeah I have been using it for a good 20 minutes now.

I think they are working on subchannels which would be nice for guilds.

***I added a bunch of guild channels as of now from the guild I know that are here. I will try to give only guild leaders access to add/ban/hear/talk in their respective channels. For instance Hatecrime has permission in the cr3w channel everyone else must be given permission to him.

Jack, I gave you access to running the channel. If its something you decide on let me know and I will just transfer ownership of the channel to you so you can set up security however you may want.

**Guilds reply here if you want a specific channel.

Right now I got
FT$
Pixelslayers
BCB
crew
the syndicate
rapture
PEE
Wiz Biz

When their guild leaders get on I will try to add you guys to have rights to your respective channels.

The mobile app is pretty nice too I just downloaded it, as I mentioned before this is basically skype/irc/texting/vent all in one.

Always is the admin of o2k .

Added the channel FiFis Love Bunnies for all her followers.

Hatecrime found out you can make chat bots as well
Rapture, Jack, Ziggy like this post
Discord would be awesome so I can stop using irc/vent/skype and a million other programs at once. And from the looking I've done you can easily get a text bot up and running.
*Cr3w*  *WAR US*                  ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐                    *Cr3w*  *WAR US*
[Image: coFgqHB.gif]
I'm taking a look at some C# libraries for getting a bot running. After the next patch goes through I'll play around with it.
Okay good news. I found an easy to use framework and the Discord channel now has a bot in it, which does everything the old bot did except for the "!seen" command, which I will implement when I have time.

Everyone should transition to the Discord server.
Thanks Jack !

"Going to take me awhile to code" in jack language means "I'll have it done in 5 hours"

The biggest difference people will notice regarding voice channels is the fact you cannot create a password for your channel guild channel.

However guild voice chat access is restricted for everyone. But each guild chat has an assigned moderator whom can give access to whoever they want.

Just remember if you give access to someone in your guild chat and you no longer want them a part of it please remove their individual settings.

The only frustrating part is no ability to have sub channels. I would like it to have a drop down for all guilds to look at bit less busy. Discord is merely in alpha stages and expected to release a big patch this coming month with some beneficial changes.

Overall I think it is a great program and a great deal more interactive than IRC and should help bind the community for new players.
HateCrime likes this post
I would like a guild channel in the Voice Channels for our guild, me and my brother are Co-Gms but it's his stone. The Guild name is Npk "Noto Player Killers"

Thanks!
Wiz Kid likes this post