Poll: Should weapon swing reset be changed as HC claims?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Fuckin Right Doggy!!!
80.00%
4 80.00%
Your a tool and your always wrong.
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swing Timer Reset
Thumbs Up 
My proposal is to change the way your swing timer is reset. Currently as you run/move your swing timer resets every time you turn or step in a different direction, without standing still. The way it should be was how UOSA had it, no reset unless standing totally still. This creates a MUCH larger skill gap between good/bad and new/vet players. I feel like this is a very positive thing.

Currently you are rewarded for running/healing and dodging until your swing timer is ready. This should be remedied. This change would make your mistakes stand out much more in the arena and field as well.
*Cr3w*  *WAR US*                  ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐                    *Cr3w*  *WAR US*
[Image: coFgqHB.gif]
(01-26-2016, 03:20 AM)HateCrime Wrote: My proposal is to change the way your swing timer is reset. Currently as you run/move your swing timer resets every time you turn or step in a different direction, without standing still. The way it should be was how UOSA had it, no reset unless standing totally still. This creates a MUCH larger skill gap between good/bad and new/vet players. I feel like this is a very positive thing.

Currently you are rewarded for running/healing and dodging until your swing timer is ready. This should be remedied. This change would make your mistakes stand out much more in the arena and field as well.

It should be noted that turning did count as movement (and thus triggered the movement restriction) until patch 35.

I'm in favor of the restriction, but it was changed because it helped speed up duels between players that were not aware of, or didn't understand the restriction.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
I played very briefly when this system was in place. My first impression was it made pvp feel very clunky, however that was most likely due to inexperience with that particular mechanic. I do think it had potential to make pvp more dynamic, it didn't feel as bad dueling however with the way field pvp has evolved overt the year I.e run and gun etc the mechanic seemed a bit off. I wish I had taken more time to test it when it was a live mechanic however.

Hates intentions with this post are to make pvp a bit more dynamic and skill oriented via spell timing , general movement etc. I do think that would be a very positive thing, defensive play is highly rewarded. there are some really talented aggressive duelers such as farnk and skrap. However aggressive play is not rewarded the same. If you go aggressive early and are not successful then you are really rolling the dice hoping your opponent does not get swings.

Comparing here to uosa of the last four years there is a much bigger disparity in skilled players vs non skilled players. Due to UOLL not having the huge damage delay and most importantly 100% disrupts. It's much easier to kill lower skilled players here.

I also am not sure having a huge disparity is a good thing. to me it is, to you it is. But the current gaming culture and young bloods will not stick around to get better they instantly want to feel some type of success. The Skrappa and Always Strapped of the world are pretty much gone , years ago these guys littered the graveyard with their decaying corpses for months before working , learning , reading , and eventually becoming very very talented pvpers. However in today's society those type of players are essentially non existent. So I am not sure a huge gap is a good thing for the entry level into the game.

However I do agree with your premise as many of us do , just looking at it from another perspective.
Rapture, Apoc, HateCrime like this post
Havent played a hally mage here, whats the difference here and uosa? I dont understand what youre saying Hate...
[Image: giphy.gif]
After more understanding of the mechanic yes this would really help create a barrier in skill level. However it was no well recepted and I guess there is a fine line between creating a high skill ceiling and barrier of entry for pvp

good cycling is not rewarded very much. In the current system it is actually easier for lower skilled "cyclers" to play against better players. As you can ultimately kite until you see your opponent get their Wep equipped and do the same. Thus pretty much trading hits 1 for 1. Sure when you have someone in a panic spamming minis you can steal a hit but for the most part it's easiest to kite and just say "oh my opponent equipped I guess the timer is ready"

The pause would allow the Bette player essentially swing at least 2 to 1 which I believe would be beneficial because people wouldn't be as worried about playing the mana game. However the thought process on this is , new players to the mechanic will have no idea why they can never get a swing off and hate the pvp before learning .