Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New player quick start guide
Sorry, looked the date wrong and thought it was from 2015. Gains are faster now Smile It seems it was the usual "wall" where the skill doesn't raise anymore from failed attempts and success is not yet frequent enough. I love this game LOL
(02-01-2016, 03:47 PM)godescalcus Wrote: I'm new to this server and tried to follow this guide to start a few chars with herding macro, but it seems something's not working as expected. In the first hour I managed to raise to 65 str and 12 dex for one char from herding alone and the herding skill itself to 26.2. I'm not complaining, since afk macroing is allowed and I never liked the servers where you could 7xGM in a couple of days. But the guide seems to imply that gains would be faster. Has skill raising been tweaked since this guide was written?

I usually only get high 80's/low 90's by the time I GM herding. So at 26.2 herding...you gotta a ways to go. But I don't start with 60 str.
i probably was a bit overzealous in the stats section. You can hit it that fast if you burn the power hour. if you don't it's usually in the 2-3 hour range to hit 90's herding and 90's str. if you start at 40 str you should hit the high 90's to 100 by the time you GM herd. Keep in mind INT is harder to raise than str or dex. If you plan on 100 int, i'd dump most of my free points in there.

Camping is actually a great skill to raise all three. Thank you for bringing it up. I would say it is the second best way to gain stats. It definitely gives you better INT gains than herding, but it costs a resource (wood/kindling) that takes time to harvest. If you like taking nice long walks in the woods, lighting fires along the way, this is the skill for you. Alternatively, you could start a lumberjack gatherer, and turn some of his harvested wood into kindiling by targeting the wood (instead of a tree) with your dagger. It really is a very good tool. i tend to use it to finsih off my stats. if i'm at 90ish str and 90ish INT, i'll grab a stack of wood from the house to quickly finish them off with camping.
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage