Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spawn and loot observations
Ophid avengers and knight errants only dropping 200 gold, ogre lords only 200 gold, Dragons only about 500 gold.All were a bit higher back in day otherwise not worth farming or being pk hangout. Lords were around 600, dragons 800 and ophids 500-600. In deceit liche lord room only one lord and no other liches, no poison elemental(unless it was killed before I arrived), in wind there used to be a lord in liche room and always more than one daemon. As I explore more I will list observations. Also killed a sea serpent in dungeon and no loot.

All our loot tables are pulled from here:

http://web.archive.org/web/1999021810150...m/hunters/

It's possible some of the loot was tweaked after this table was written, but this is a table written during our timeframe. Note sea serpents, giant serpents, silver serpents and a few others do not have any loot. With decent sources, I would gladly change underwhelming loot.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
I have the original second age players guide bought in 1998 in storage, I know it had monster stats don't remember if it had treasure drops. I'll have to go hunting through some boxes this weekened if I get time.

Unfortunately that guide doesn't contain info if it is the guide I am thinking of (it is available as a PDF download somewhere). I will look around when I get time and see if I can find any other sources for loot.

Dragon loot, terathan matriarch loot and some avengers had a gold buff in Patch 9 based off info from a later timeframe in the UOGuide and some archived forum posts from '99.

I have noticed Ophidian Justicar's do not have any gold on them.

Thanks - a monster not on our list at all. If anything is missing gold it's because it's not in my spreadsheet of monsters. I'll check it against what is spawned in the world when I get home.

Oh boy, I wish I could recall what silver serpents had as loot, because I remember deliberately hunting them for something. What, I can't remember. Maybe it was just leather, who knows.

Justicars were not around in this era. I don't remember silvers having any loot not that I killed many back in day.

It looks like yakka is correct and that's why the Justicars and Zealots don't have any gold. Because they're not in the list of T2A monsters, hence they weren't in a spreadsheet I made of monsters when I pulled things from the 1999 stratics hunter's guide.

Here is an archived link from Stratics which says that Justicars/Zealots were added in 2000.

I will remove these mobs from spawners and replace them accordingly.

Thanks guys.