Poll: Should Arrows/Bolts be poisonable?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, it's realistic.
20.00%
2 20.00%
No, keep it T2A style.
80.00%
8 80.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poison Arrows
I couldn't find another thread so please don't bash me.

I haven't been playing too long, but I was thinking that Poison Arrows could be a really cool feature. Think about it, why wouldn't you be able to poison arrows? It's the same as poisoning a katana or kryss and it's realistic.

I understand that the GM's here are really open to suggestions, so it'd be cool if it was even tried out. Maybe on the test shard for a couple of weeks to see if it messes with the balance/mechanics at all? Could always tweak the damage slightly to compensate for it as well.
Santorum likes this post
I think you'd have to poison the bow for it to have the same affect as a non-bow weapon; poisoning a stack of items might be harder to implement. Unless! you poison individual arrows and they turn green, bolts turn dark green? You would have to use more poison for the same chance of poisoning but this could be the cost of overpowering your archer.

This is definitely a great idea but it's a big step outside the T2A realm. Maybe poison arrows only work in certain custom situations that are unique to this server: only affect bosses, only work in TI or events, only works on Tuesdays, etc..
Santorum likes this post
I vote no.. perhaps if it had some mana cost with it, but then we are getting onto another era. I am pretty sure Jack is going to stick with core T2A combat mechanics. His T2A deviations seem to be more from a common sense, ease of use, and content related stance. Never hurts to ask though.
(01-24-2016, 03:22 PM)Myrnae Wrote: I vote no.. perhaps if it had some mana cost with it, but then we are getting onto another era.  I am pretty sure Jack is going to stick with core T2A combat mechanics.  His T2A deviations seem to be more from a common sense, ease of use, and content related stance.  Never hurts to ask though.

You were doing so well until you said 'common sense' Wink

I do agree with the rest of your reasoning though and wouldn't want to spoil the T2A era. That's part of the reason why I think it should be tried out on test shard first.
Sorry but regarding basic mechanics like this, I want to keep them T2A style. At this point I'm not sure that archery needs any further buffs, it's already a strong skill.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
(01-25-2016, 03:27 AM)Jack Wrote: Sorry but regarding basic mechanics like this, I want to keep them T2A style. At this point I'm not sure that archery needs any further buffs, it's already a strong skill.

Hi Jack

Thanks for your response and your consideration.