Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sea serpents
Not sure if this is a bug, but if you sail past a sea serpent and it touches your ship, it gets stuck in the ship and won't break loose even when it loses aggro and nobody is on the ship. This can be problematic if you aren't able to kill it. If it loses aggro, it should wander off like other creatures do, rather than being permanently stuck in the ship.

Aye, this is a bug. Most likely caused by something I changed when removing item decay from ships. I'll put it on the list for next time, thanks.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
Thanks! I've been working around it by ghost-sailing into a zone where I can try to get a guard to kill them, but that takes quite a bit of time, depending on where I am when they get stuck.

If you're able to sail while hidden, the fact that the serpents don't aggro in the first place keeps them from sticking. If you run into them, they'll slide off to the side after a couple tiles. I tend to just hide after every move order.

This works for the serpents, but the water eles still get up on your deck and stick there. However, you should have a split second to rehide after issuing an order to keep from drawing aggro at least.

I will look into this tomorrow. Question - is this happening to everyone with small boat? Any other types of boat it is happening with?

Even so, if I fail to hide and I do get one stuck (and can't kill it yet), the solution shouldn't be that I must sail all the way to a guard zone and have the guards kill it to remove it from the ship. I'm working on being able to kill the bastards, but I'm not there yet.

The plot thickens.. this is actually how boats work by default. They do not check to see if the boat has collided with any mobiles.

I think I have a working fix. Will get this in this weekend after some testing and trying to figure out any obvious bugs with it.
Hope it works!

I recalled to my boat tonight only to find two deep sea serpents kicking back on deck drinking my beer and rubbing their loathesome scaly hides all over my ship. Tried to sail away from them but they are securely stuck on the ship and they invited me to stay for dinner...er, stay AS dinner. Wink

Oh, also as to Scooter's comment about them not sticking if they don't aggro, I've found this to be incorrect. I've sailed through ocean critters while completely hidden, never aggro'd them, and they will still stick a lot of the time.

Also...the two deep sea serpents stuck on my ship have now made it immoveable, and it is stuck at 133.9N x 149.54E. I can turn in place, but I cannot move in any of the eight directions. Sad