Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Test Center issue
THREE players of the same group looking to create action and also promote the server via a twitch stream ....

The group of FOUR active pvpers at the moment dueling on test center ....

Dueling is cool everyone loves it ... But why not do it on main ? What is the point of even starting on UOLL if all the action is on a server I can set everything ?

test center is great for general testing of issues and shutting it down may not be a viable option but removing the pwn bags , endless potions , mana gates , arena etc. although these are awesome additions and shows jacks talent as a coder.

I think we owe it to the server is we could possibly play the actual server.
Our stream was posted to Reddit and other several outlets , you may be surprised how many non UOLL people were popping in and unfortunately out because we could only stand on our patio.

Is Santorum/tmapme and hatecrime the only people w balls on this server ?
Always Strapped and Santorum like this post
sniff sniff

Please don't try and ruin other people's fun because you got disappointed for one night.

I agree that the test server does pull people out of the main server. I've seen as many as 8 players on their during peak hours when we should have been on the real server killing eachother.

I think it's good to put up every now and again, but always running is too much...
Santorum likes this post
[Image: giphy.gif]
I see your point, of course. But, when half of them are new and/or macroing characters on the main server and want to f around with their buddies, then you have a delimma. I know I was one of the ball-less people mentioned in the original post, but I was messing around on test with a new future pvper who is macroing characters. There are drawbacks to having a TC, but it got my appetite whetted to play here. To be perfectly honest, I don't know if I'd have started without it. Let's try not to nerf a good thing that is overall more good than bad.
Veranis likes this post

(01-10-2016, 07:16 AM)Abyz Wrote: sniff sniff

Please don't try and ruin other people's fun because you got disappointed for one night.

This. 

Franchise, I'm sorry your attempt to be clever with your secret guild only lasted 6 minutes before you were outed, but asking Jack to undo the coding he's spent considerable time on (because you didn't find enough 3/4-person guilds to fight the night your little video stream was running) is ridiculous.

In addition to the advantages of TC Abyz outlined above, we already have a considerable number of automated 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments and other cool pvp events in prime time.  Furthermore, TC allows people to learn the game mechanics and try out different templates without having to burn the time and resources on main to GM a skill they may not want to use in the end.  Archery is a prime example - it's considerably different here than other servers.  TC also lets you throw high volumes of purple pots to get the timing down and test different combos, also different from other servers. 

In addition to the combat stuff, you can also see if houses fit in diff areas without pulling up existing housing, and try out the platinum rewards without having to buy them first. 

Finally, I think it's ironic and hypocritical that you used TC heavily when you started here to learn the mechanics (archery and purples in particular) without having to burn time and resources you didn't have on Main, but you suddenly want to deny others (particularly new players that may join) that ability now that you're established... Rolleyes

TC is a great resource for all players, especially new ones, and shouldn't be shut down simply because you couldn't find groups to fight one particular night.
TC is great for general testing on the majority of things you pointed out. However when 4-6 active players are spending half their playtime on test center is an issue. What about a new crafter who could make a lot of starting gold selling red kegs and hallys ? Nope they are all in test w endless pots.

1-2 players testing is not an issue. Groups of 4-6 established players is. There are a lot of advantages to test, however it has been used the wrong way.

Jack has spent a great deal of time coding and done a good job. But I do know he did all this because he wants UOLL to thrive and the pvp scene to thrive. I personally know two groups from other servers who have built characters here but don't play because they can never find fights. Maybe I should tel them they are on the wrong server and go to test.uolostlands.com

But even there they would be greeted with smiling faces and someone to hold their hand to walk them into the duel arena. UO doesn't thrive on this attitude UO thrives on risk and great reward. There were 4 highly successful free servers I can think of back in the day and UOLL trumps ALL of them in mechanics/content/gameplay. But the one thing all of these servers had in common was an easy place for people to log in and see action right away. People running around murderering/dueling/grouping whatever. To find that on UOLL you need a completely different log in that most won't take the time to learn before logging out. Jack can only do so much , it's the players and ambassadors of this server to make a difference.
TC is truly not detracting from the main server in any significant way. Please stop the drama. I also know of far more than 2 pvpers that wouldn't be playing here WITHOUT being able to f around on TC. Test helps us be these ambassadors you're talking about. TC >>> no TC, there's no question.

K
Maybe TC should only be up 1-2 days per week that are scheduled? That would allow people the ability to test whatever they want all day long on those days, but limit its use to keep people on the main server.
[Image: giphy.gif]
TC > NO TEST

FALSE- any server which takes players out of the main server is a hindrance to the server.

FACT- during certain hours 80% of the pvp population can be found on test center

FACT - I am faster than 80% of all snakes