Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automated duel set ups
(01-06-2016, 08:38 PM)Skrap Wrote:
(01-06-2016, 08:27 PM)Jack Wrote: We actually had this set up when the shard first came up, but over time I have removed the duel system piece by piece. The reason I removed it was for fear of creating a "perma trammel" area in the game and taking away incentive for players to create their own duel areas.

Then can test be turned off until new patches are inplemented?

no more test only after a patch Smile
Test center is another fish and not the subject of this thread, so I won't comment on it here.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
I would agree as well as long as there is no way to earn plat from doing it.
My main thought on the duel pits was to coax players out of test center into the game. The player base is small but growing ! Basically my thought is to bring the active players to what they do out of the test center. When people log on to check out the server they want to see people. Well not that we don't have an active player base but they will not see people due to the fact the player base is on test.

On the flip side of this you want new players to have a chance to try out the mechanics before they join.

Absolutely keep test center up for hair dye testing cloth house placement etc etc .

But these are the tough questions so I'm glad I'm not jack !!!

Field pvp and live server dueling is good for the server. Why ? BC I pwnzor and made video .. No

BC if you field pvp you eventually die or use a lot of resources .
Thus we are benefitting our play base that enjoys different play styles such as tmap , alchemy , blacksmith etc

I'm a care bear I only duel. Well that's okay
If you duel on live server you use all kinds of regs and potions also helping the economy.

The use of these resources would also help new players find an economic outlet to break into our economy.

So if you want to make this place better go duel in game or fight people in game . It'll be fun
Bloom and Azeroth like this post
I'm not really opposed to it, but at this point it'd be worth just creating the system out of our existing event systems than going back to the original duel setup we had. This would require a significant amount of coding to set up, so it wouldn't be anything that would be ready in the short term.

I'd probably have the outside area as being a totally "non trammel" area but participants can not be attacked. There would be no protection from being ganked as soon as your duel is over.
Skrap and Abyz like this post
I don't think people dueling on test center is a problem. You don't have a lot of people dueling there and not for any significant amount of time. Duel pits are a good idea, but player town type areas and even the duelers can be attacked. It's annoying to get ganked, but it's also good for creating some bad blood. I'm not sure how you could do that and have a win/loss though. I would say have a targeting/gump system to request a duel and if anybody attacks then it doesn't count against you if you die, but then you might have friends attacking to keep someone from getting a loss. Also, no way to control magics, ect. Fuck it, to be honest, I don't care about win/loss ranking. You already have a great tournament system. I think a couple of world/player town duel pits would be great without any protection..
It would be neat to incorporate a duel pit system along side the player towns patch. Make it something that has to be purchased with some sort of upkeep cost as well. Then its a gold/plat synk and new pits can pop up while old ones may disappear.
Abyz, Bloom, Skrap like this post
*Cr3w*  *WAR US*                  ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐                    *Cr3w*  *WAR US*
[Image: coFgqHB.gif]
tities in my face NOMNOMNOMNONMONMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
Skrap likes this post
(01-08-2016, 09:46 AM)farnk Wrote: tities in my face NOMNOMNOMNONMONMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I'll try implement this but there's no guarantees. It would be a best case scenario.
Bloom, Veranis, Santorum And 1 others like this post