Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skill Gain Speed
Hey guys, I joined the server last night and I'm really enjoying how everyone is so friendly here! One thing I've noticed is skill gain is very very slow. I macroed herding and hiding over night list night (6.5 hours) and I woke up to 93.1 herding and 48.7 hiding!! 6 hours and 48.8 hiding! That seems super slow. Is this normal? My stats are 89/80/28 after the over night adventure also.

I'd like to play the game tonight when I get home instead of macroing for 4 days straight just to go out and fight stuff in the grave yards!
(12-02-2015, 02:31 PM)Advertising Wrote: Hey guys, I joined the server last night and I'm really enjoying how everyone is so friendly here!  One thing I've noticed is skill gain is very very slow.  I macroed herding and hiding over night list night (6.5 hours) and I woke up to 93.1 herding and 48.7 hiding!!  6 hours and 48.8 hiding!  That seems super slow.  Is this normal?   My stats are 89/80/28 after the over night adventure also.

I'd like to play the game tonight when I get home instead of macroing for 4 days straight just to go out and fight stuff in the grave yards!

Hiding skill is based on on how many people are around you and armor rating I believe.  Try wearing a full suit of leather armor and macroing hiding in a more populated area.
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]
(12-02-2015, 02:53 PM)Skrap Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 02:31 PM)Advertising Wrote: Hey guys, I joined the server last night and I'm really enjoying how everyone is so friendly here!  One thing I've noticed is skill gain is very very slow.  I macroed herding and hiding over night list night (6.5 hours) and I woke up to 93.1 herding and 48.7 hiding!!  6 hours and 48.8 hiding!  That seems super slow.  Is this normal?   My stats are 89/80/28 after the over night adventure also.

Hiding skill is based on on how many people are around you and armor rating I believe.  Try wearing a full suit of leather armor and macroing hiding in a more populated area.

Ah okay, I guess that makes sense.  I was at the Moonglow bank.

Is there a wiki or something that says how skill gain works here?  Like taming... can I just go to the Moonglow zoo and tame away or does it not work that way here?
Keep in mind herding has a skill check every 1.2 seconds, and hiding has a skill check every 10.1 seconds (or something close depending on your macro), so you get 8-9 skill checks in herding for every skill check Hiding. So yes in every case your herding skill will go up much faster than hiding.

Hiding is a difficulty based skill, so you will see better gains in populated areas. Go to where people are, and you’ll gain faster now that you have a good base.

The third item I thought I should point out is this server has a “power hour”. When you activate it, your skill gains at a much faster rate in the time period it is active. It’s a great benefit for the people building characters.

89 str and 88 dex is more than enough to bash some skeleton heads in. In fact using your power hour for that first skull smacking session works well. You will be building tactics, weapon skills, healing skills, and possibly parry skills. So 4 skills will go up fast in that hour. Every skill has natural gains with every attempt below 10%, so to get max benefit from your power hour, get them up to that 10% level first, then kick in the power hour.

To activate your power hour you need to open your welcome screen. It comes up when you first log in to the game and your character enters the world. To get to it at other times type “[motd” . It’s in one of the right tabs, but I can’t remember which one.
Skrap likes this post
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage
(12-02-2015, 04:38 PM)Varak Wrote: Keep in mind herding has a skill check every 1.2 seconds, and hiding has a skill check every 10.1 seconds (or something close depending on your macro), so you get 8-9 skill checks in herding for every skill check Hiding. So yes in every case your herding skill will go up much faster than hiding.

Hiding is a difficulty based skill, so you will see better gains in populated areas. Go to where people are, and you’ll gain faster now that you have a good base.

The third item I thought I should point out is this server has a “power hour”.  When you activate it, your skill gains at a much faster rate in the time period it is active. It’s a great benefit for the people building characters.

89 str and 88 dex is more than enough to bash some skeleton heads in. In fact using your power hour for that first skull smacking session works well. You will be building tactics, weapon skills, healing skills, and possibly parry skills. So 4 skills will go up fast in that hour. Every skill has natural gains with every attempt below 10%, so to get max benefit from your power hour, get them up to that 10% level first, then kick in the power hour.

To activate your power hour you need to open your welcome screen. It comes up when you first log in to the game and your character enters the world. To get to it at other times type “[motd” . It’s in one of the right tabs, but I can’t remember which one.
3rd down on the right!
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]