Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Characters with the Same Name
I am a big fan of unique naming but I do think it's kind of a bummer for new players and could very easily be abused. Someone could proxy around the IP restrictions and create a bunch of bunk characters on bunk accounts just to lock up names for the sole purpose of being a dick.
(11-30-2015, 07:02 PM)Blaise Wrote: I am a big fan of unique naming but I do think it's kind of a bummer for new players and could very easily be abused. Someone could proxy around the IP restrictions and create a bunch of bunk characters on bunk accounts just to lock up names for the sole purpose of being a dick.

That would NEVER happen in UO!!
[Image: giphy.gif]
1000 platinum for your preferred character name to be blocked from new character creation perhaps? This would make it not only a valid platinum sink but really only happen for people who are serious about their name.

Call it LifeLock. lol
Jack likes this post
Maybe cheaper than that but I do like the idea of having it as a reward. Being able to have multiple characters with the same name is definitely something people can use to their advantage (in more ways than one), so it's a big call to make all character names unique. A reward for it isn't a bad option though.
Bobby Boulders likes this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Get your grandfathered Blaise grief-alts made while you've got the chance boys. lololol
Don't be hurt when we don't make Blaise alts, Blaise. Wink
Veranis likes this post

Who's Blaise?
[Image: giphy.gif]
One of those guys here without a ridiculously oversized forum signature.
Sig envy fo sho.

(11-27-2015, 04:44 AM)Bobby Boulders Wrote:
(11-27-2015, 04:13 AM)Swunk Wrote: I hate this.

Why?

because i always name all my chars swunk lol