Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unicode font [Solution Available]
Hello,

as we are from Czech Republic, we would love to use the Unicode font. Unfortunately, it doesn't support any local "characters" it should support.

List goes like this: ě š č ř ž ý á í ň ď ť  - insted of "š" it types "Ü", some characters it just replaces with blank space.

It's not that very big deal, we can simplify our language to not use these characters, but Unicode should support it.
This is unfortunately a problem with the client and not one I have gotten around to solving. Using the latest client these characters come out fine, but it is absolutely not recommended to use any other client than our recommended 5.0.8.3 on the server unless you are familiar with the challenges that come with editing the client (in which case, let me know!).

[Image: zOi80ya.png]

The problem itself lays in what text the client allows you to type. The "input line" is an ascii line and not a unicode one.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Good news, after some digging I was able to find the solution for this. The solution is very simple:
  1. Ensure all copies of Ultima Online are closed.
  2. Go into the folder you installed UO to (eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ultima Online)
  3. Locate and open the file "UO.cfg".
  4. Insert the line: "UnicodeSpeech=on"
Done! You can now type in unicode.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Thumbs Up 
Works, thanks.
(11-23-2015, 09:10 AM)orishi Wrote: Hello,

as we are from Czech Republic, we would love to use the Unicode font. Unfortunately, it doesn't support any local "characters" it should support.

List goes like this: ě š č ř ž ý á í ň ď ť  - insted of "š" it types "Ü", some characters it just replaces with blank space.

It's not that very big deal, we can simplify our language to not use these characters, but Unicode should support it.

Czech eh? I have family that originates from there.  Tho our last name has changed since the war.  Kulishek - I think is what is use to be.  I like Czechs, it's like a family thing! =)