Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the remains of Lord Mister Fister
withdrawn
2016-01-28 07:20 LostLands: A bounty of 3,948,236 gold pieces have just been placed upon Jack's head!
[Image: Environment__POST_APOCALYPSE_by_I_NetGraFX-1.jpg]
My bids sat for over 11 hours can you let everyone know an end time on this please thanks.
withdraw my bid
Yeah wtf, I am about to withdraw mine too.
If I haven't heard anything by tomorrow 8pm EST I am withdrawing my bid.
Been busy the last few days... Withdrawn.
Auction ends when low balls end
LOL you respond 5months later??
Heh heh heh. Priceless.

1. In order to set a market price you need multiple bidders. There was certainly a good group of bidders in play...6 months ago…

2. The market price is what it is. The highest bidder has one of the deepest pockets on the server. I could make an argument he overbid much easier than I could argue he lowballed you, but it is largely perspective.

3. You need to set parameters for an auction. You stipulate the days for sale, how to trigger the winning bid (12 hours with no activity, etc), what increments, maybe even a minimum bid. Nobody in their right mind is going to bid on a 5 month old auction with no parameters set, especially when they see the responses here. That’s why you saw everyone pulling their bids.

4. The reality is you obviously value it far more than the general public. The only logical solution is for you to put your little precious in a corner and worship it. I can be a dick most days, but this is very much true. When there is a huge disparity between what you value something, and what the market values it, you are really better off just holding onto it and admiring your trophy. There’s a lot less negative feelings all the way around.

5. Keeping what you believe to be a live auction open waiting for some idiot to drop 5 castle deeds on you isn’t…intelligent… Just delete the thing, and open a new auction every 6 months for a week or two. Who knows. You might actually get your price. You won’t get your price on this apparently still active auction, LOL.
Solar and Veranis like this post
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage