Poll: Item ID Skill changes? What are your thoughts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Leave it as is.
27.27%
3 27.27%
Era accurate, reset all items names to "a magic whatever".
27.27%
3 27.27%
Era accurate, grandfather existing items and going forward require everyone to ID separately.
45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item ID
OK everyone, some of us discussed changes with Item ID and I told Jack I would put this survey up.
Currently, once an item is identified, everyone can see what it is.  That might seem nice until a thief targets you because he/she saw what you were carrying.  It also is not T2A era, and makes the ItemID skill pretty useless.  Here are the choices Jack would like to see some feedback on.
Never thought about it, but it is pretty stupid that if you ID something, others would know what it is. They should have to ID it themselves, definitely agree with what you are saying here.

On the other hand..it is semi unfair to other chars because you are going to ID it with an alt char, then you know what it is and take it into PvP where PvP chars are not going to have ID on them.

You can't expect them to get their alt, go ID it, then bring back their PvP chars Wink I voted but now I am not so sure lol.
There are always wands, many pvpers carry ID wands so when they kill someone (a PK for example) they know what loot they just inherited.
i would rather a house thief have to ID a bunch of stuff in my house than just click and immediately know what the good stuff is haha.. i remember havin this discussion with myrnae. i vote the 3rd and last option on bottom of poll
Was this poll closed on purpose or was it due to a time limit?
[Image: jack-sig.png]
i'm not even sure man
Well this was changed to option #3. This won't be changed again!
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Holy shit, thank you for this. This has been a pet peeve of mine for a while and I'm glad the change was implemented.
This can also come into play in field looting. If you only have a second or two to loot someone's goods, you're going to have to take some chances now!

Cheers!
Jack likes this post