Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't play
So I have 2 user accounts I play with. I launch Razor, and get the menu screen showing me my connection settings, I click "Okay" and Razor goes to it's normal user interface, the UO Lost Lands client loads up for me to login. If I type in the login info for account #2 and click the arrow it shows me my server list (Lost Lands). I select lost lands and it shows me my character list. I select my primary character and then the client window disappears. Razor is still there, my Start Bar shows the UO client is running, but there is no game window. If I hold alt+Tab to quick switch between open programs I see UO with the server announcements, but if I click on it nothing comes up.

If I choose my alternate character on that account, loads just fine.

If I load my other account that has only 1 character, also perfect.

What am I doing wrong?
Hi Worm,

What version of Windows are you using? You can solve this issue a few ways, but try the following:
  • Open task manager, you can do this by right clicking the task bar (on the bottom of your screen), or through the CTRL+ALT+DEL menu in most (all?) versions of Windows.
  • In Processes, find Ultima Online and right click it. Play around with minimizing, maximizing, restore, etc. You should be able to return the window to usual.
  • If this fails, close all your clients and find the folder which you installed UO to. Within the Ultima Online folder, click on desktop. For any characters that you are having this issue with, completely delete the associated folder.
  • Restart UO, it should be fixed.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
So I figured it out like 5 minutes after I posted. But thank you for the response though Jack!

Solution: just had to
Hover cursor (without clicking) over UO icon in start menu
Wait for small preview window to appear below UO icon (My start bar is on the top on my screen)
Right click the preview windows
Choose "Maximize"

Not sure what the heck the issue was but easy to resolve!
That's weird that it only happened to one character...I wonder what caused that!

Edit://

Actually this has happened to me several times now, usually related to changing computers, or switching monitor or resolutions around. Happened once when my game crashed. Easy fix though.
Hate to necro an old thread, but this has only happened to me when I clicked the X (Close) at the top right of the window, instead of shutting down the client normally by logging out.