Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set skills for events only
^_________^
I've seen a few new players alittle bummed about seeing everyone goto an event when they are stuck macroing.
If this isn't a hard script to make, I think it will be worth it.
That way when a event starts everyone online will be able to have a 7x character of their liking.
And actually enjoy the event, and get the feel for what it's like to have a finished character.

its good motivation for a new player to stay longer and finish the character.
I'd like to know how other people feel on this, on one hand it lowers the barrier to entry, but for tournaments specifically, it's nice to be able to see what type of character is doing well (eg: "Soma is a tank mage, I can see he is doing well in the free use no pots tournaments").

For other events like CTF, DD and the upcoming FFA event, I don't see a reason why this can't be implemented.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
I think it would work if it was on a limited basis. Event participation is more on the want too. There are plenty of built 7x tank mages that never enter the events. On the flip side there have been new players hop in with chars nowhere near complete. I will throw out the 1 7x skill ball per ip for pvp template skills only for new players. Make it a loan system say they start with 100k debt that has to be paid back in x amount of time or certain amounts of skills get repoed. Lets those that may want to be in events and pvp get going and still make them actually have to play a little bit. We have had pvp folks come here even linger in irc but never wanted to bother macroing up a char. To prevent an influx of griefers that may show up you could even put a restriction to prevent murderers. If they get a murder count before loan was paid in full they lose skill ball in full. I have no idea if any of it is possible to code in just throwing it out there.
yakka, Anti is talking about setting skills for events only, not being able to keep the skills once the event completes
[Image: jack-sig.png]
(08-15-2015, 03:50 PM)Jack Wrote: yakka, Anti is talking about setting skills for events only, not being able to keep the skills once the event completes
I know but no incentive for people to build characters or do anything else in game ever if it is unlimited.  Might increase people in events but not really build a player base in the world.  I'm ok with it I like events just looking at bigger picture too.
(08-15-2015, 04:41 AM)Jack Wrote: I'd like to know how other people feel on this, on one hand it lowers the barrier to entry, but for tournaments specifically, it's nice to be able to see what type of character is doing well (eg: "Soma is a tank mage, I can see he is doing well in the free use no pots tournaments").

For other events like CTF, DD and the upcoming FFA event, I don't see a reason why this can't be implemented.

In CTF, DD and FFA this could be a good idea. In other tourneys you will prevent people from trying to make an unique character without the classic templates.
I feel for events only this would be a good idea. It seems harder to train up characters lately so this would be a good incentive to go play a bit instead of just sit around macroing at a slow rate trying to get gains day in and day out.

I don't think it would be a good idea for actual tournaments. When it comes to fighting it out I think it's best to show what you've actually made, not just dream up for the day. You could give maybe an option of 3 gates to go through each being a bit different but overall similar and then if the player wants something different they can feel free to create and train up the true character they want to be.

The 100K debt idea sounds pretty big to try and monitor but if you guys can hammer out the details and make it work easily then it might help get new people... idk
No, please don't do this. There is a test center for tinkering with builds.
Skrap likes this post
I'm for this but with limitations.

1. only one event per day and a max of 3x a week if you have to use set skills (can not be done in tournaments)
---granted the above could be abused with multi accounts/chars; so maybe per IP if able.
2. character must be under 500 skill points(real)
3. account must be under ~30/45/60 days old?
Chewbacca likes this post
(11-27-2015, 12:35 AM)Bobby Boulders Wrote: No, please don't do this. There is a test center for tinkering with builds.

I agree with Bobby, at this point there is enough people to work a TI easily.  This allows people building characters something to look forward to.  Doing this would only impede the growth of population.  I fear that you would see people only log to go to TI's and enjoy the gold/plat/pvp.  Making people work for a character to play in these TIs is what will make the community thrive.

This was a post from Anti in August...the population has almost tripled.  I'd be surprised if he wanted this now.
McSweeney likes this post
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]