Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't run more than 2 steps
I'm having issues getting around without constant snags. Every 2 steps my character is stuck for a second and has to do the stop moving animation to then start again. It's like I'm constantly running into something invisible but lose no stamina (have full stamina) and there's no system message about anything being in my way or moving past it.

I use the re-synchronize client hotkey in razor and this helps rarely, offsetting my character a space but it doesn't help me while trying to move around. I haven't used a mount yet but this shouldn't be happening while on foot. I also have enable frame skipping checked even though this game should come nowhere near close enough to pushing graphic limits. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thank you ^.^ Also, I have restarted several times with no improvements.
Hi Spinnz, sounds like you might be getting problems with packet loss, but it's hard to tell from the description alone.

When you start suffering from the issue (assuming you don't suffer from this all the time) could you try running a ping test and sending through the results?

Instructions to run an MTR can be found here: https://uolostlands.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=263
[Image: jack-sig.png]
(07-29-2015, 08:07 PM)SpinnZ Wrote: I'm having issues getting around without constant snags. Every 2 steps my character is stuck for a second and has to do the stop moving animation to then start again. It's like I'm constantly running into something invisible but lose no stamina (have full stamina) and there's no system message about anything being in my way or moving past it.

I use the re-synchronize client hotkey in razor and this helps rarely, offsetting my character a space but it doesn't help me while trying to move around. I haven't used a mount yet but this shouldn't be happening while on foot. I also have enable frame skipping checked even though this game should come nowhere near close enough to pushing graphic limits. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thank you ^.^ Also, I have restarted several times with no improvements.

Maybe ya need to resync with the server.
Music is in our Souls, Use it wisely.
Thank you guys for being quick to help. I haven't quite run into the same issue as severely again so perhaps Jack is right about the packet loss. I've used the re-synchronize client hotkey but have no idea what you mean about Resynching to the server Riven. If it happens to me again I will run the MTR and perhaps that can enlighten me to what is going wrong on my end Smile