Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vendor Sell = Vendor Hell
Thumbs Up 
Selling 5 things at once may be correct for that era but can we consider omitting it?

For starters it would allow a stable source of income from selling crafted supplies, promoting peoples interest in crafting allows for more long term players. or as i like to call them "Old Timer's."

Kick starting that may I also make a suggestion, since UO isn't in its prime as it once was, Brit Packed, people fighting in dungeons. May we consider a faster means for utilizing player NPCS.

What I suggest is two things, One; a vendor Mall, or location where people can go to shop. Its not relevant to have them at a house out in the boonies of Yew! Two; a coded version, and with that comes hard work. probably takes time and money to code but its well worth it in the hopes of attracting attention to new players.

let me know how you feel Lost Lands.
(07-27-2015, 11:20 PM)MisterE Wrote: 1. Selling 5 things at once may be correct for that era but can we consider omitting it?

2. For starters it would allow a stable source of income from selling crafted supplies, promoting peoples interest in crafting allows for more long term players. or as i like to call them "Old Timer's."  

3. Kick starting that may I also make a suggestion, since UO isn't in its prime as it once was, Brit Packed, people fighting in dungeons. May we consider a faster means for utilizing player NPCS.

4. What I suggest is two things, One; a vendor Mall, or location where people can go to shop. Its not relevant to have them at a house out in the boonies of Yew! Two; a coded version, and with that comes hard work. probably takes time and money to code but its well worth it in the hopes of attracting attention to new players.

I will be the big bad boring one as usual and try to save some of the T2A feeling...

1. Sure, but dont make NPC buy more then they can afford. I think this is a core RunUO issue, if I dont remember wrong. NPC do buy everything if they have some money to get the a items to show up in the list. if they have 200 gold I think they will buy all items in one sell that can be sold under 200 gold eatch, it was something about this on the UOSA forum.

2. This will not make a stable source of income in a good way. Remember the buy sell issue after UOR on live OSI then we could buy cheap maps and sell eatch for a 25g proffit. Boy was there alot of macroing players around in this time.

3. This will kill all vendors that is selling regrents, ingots and leathers and make tamers like me completely self-sufficient.

4. just add a small house at Yew or Britain gate area there we have all vendors. It's not like we have many places to go to today. This is the mall areas.

To help player vendors we could remove all cost of them, but the risk is that they will end up as NPC storage for houses (Castles and keeps)
(07-27-2015, 11:20 PM)MisterE Wrote: Selling 5 things at once may be correct for that era but can we consider omitting it?

For starters it would allow a stable source of income from selling crafted supplies, promoting peoples interest in crafting allows for more long term players. or as i like to call them "Old Timer's."  

Kick starting that may I also make a suggestion, since UO isn't in its prime as it once was, Brit Packed, people fighting in dungeons. May we consider a faster means for utilizing player NPCS.

What I suggest is two things, One; a vendor Mall, or location where people can go to shop. Its not relevant to have them at a house out in the boonies of Yew! Two; a coded version, and with that comes hard work. probably takes time and money to code but its well worth it in the hopes of attracting attention to new players.

Selling things 5 at a time is for a reason, although that reason is not currently active on UO Lost Lands, it will be coming soon. The reason behind the max sell limit of 5 will be the supply and demand system, where NPCs adjust their prices based on their current stock. With a larger max sell limit, this would be too easy to abuse and make fast gold from selling to understocked NPCs.

However with good use of sell agents you should never spend more than a few seconds selling your items to NPCs. I recommend checking out the sell agent in Razor, there are threads about this exact topic which have information on how to use this.

Regarding player vendors, there are plans to make the locations of these visible to all, and even search for particular items via the website. For example, I want to buy a chain suit, so I search for "chainmail", and will be returned the location of a player vendor which sells items of this type.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
its already unique, and im learning to work with it but if you look at the economics of say a tailor. like if you take cotton. a bale sells for like 51 gp. a bale gets you around a bolt. skipping the yarn faze, cause ill come back to that later. *yawn*

so 1 bale is 50 ish cloth, take a cloak. you sell it for 5 gold, down to 3 ish gold. (just learned that the system decreases here so you cant spend more than a quick flash of crafting and selling to be profitable. which isnt very much.

1 bale- 50 cloth makes 3 cloaks at 14 cloth per. you sell a crafted product for 1000% less? thats kinda silly.
Prices are not current accurate, a cloak should sell for 21gp (it currently sells for 4). There's a lot of manual data entry work that needs to be done surrounding this.

A cloak in particular is definitely not the most profitable item. A supply and demand system will minimize the amount of abuse/exploitation of "crafting stuff afk and selling it". So correcting era prices goes hand in hand with this.
[Image: jack-sig.png]