Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
questions about a few diff items
Questions I have mainly for Jack ..

#1 would it be possible to introduce commodity deeds ? as is I routinely sell boards to other players in amounts of normally 10k to 20k at a time , which normally requires people to then purchase 7+ llamas to haul all the wood to their crafter ( or recall it 180 boards at a time ).

#2 would it be possible to introduce repair deeds ? As is if you prefer to NOT play a bard or a tamer your in some sort of armor , so now your forced to create a blacksmith and or a tailor to keep all your gear in top shape .

#3 would it be possible to either allow stats on colored ingots armor or just completely remove it from the shard ? Honestly who wants a full suit of verite as is ? As it currently is now I am rotating in new characters to mine just so I never go over 75 skill and get any colored ingots that I or im sure no one wants anyhow.

#4 why is the delay on healing / curing one-self with bandages set so high ? I am not sure if what we have now is or was era appropriate but im pretty sure it was reduced due to balancing pvp issues . A player with 100 dex , GM anatomy , GM healing takes 10 seconds to heal him/her self, same thing with curing poison . But if I heal / cure someone else its 4 sec .

#5 I had recently heard that slayer weapons / instruments  would be implemented soon ? is this something that you are planning to add in the future ?

And finally I just wanted to say how much I do appreciate all your hard work and time involved with this shard . I have been having a total blast here and im sure most others feel the same way.

And I know that you are trying to keep the shard as true to era as possible.  But by tweeking certain items or areas in the game mechanics can surely do nothing but add to the enjoyment or convenience of all the players.

P.S.     Hey !!   "I sell wood"  -    IRC me for delivery 
Honestly I'll think over commodity deeds. I don't really feel they're necessary, I've done my fair share of bulk vendoring in T2A and never had to use a pack animal. Right now the best way to sell your boards would be via a player vendor, you can use a casted moongate to haul an entire stack of 60k in one go. The rest are as they are due to being in era. If you need a weapon repaired you must either visit a (player) blacksmith, be friends with a blacksmith or have someone willing to do it. It is possible to be completely self sufficient, but things like repair deeds just make being self sufficient even easier, which is not necessarily a good thing as there needs to be some sense of community.

Regarding ingots, you have the option to lock your mining at 64.9 which would stop you from ever mining anything but iron. Increasing the armor rating on higher ingot types is a balance issue, and one that is deeper than just damage inflicted - it also makes magic armor practically useless since you can just craft armor that's just as good.

Changing self healing is another balance issue. It would unbalance dexer types, which are already very strong in potion battles and arguably unbeatable in magic battles.

Yes, slayer weapons other than silver are on the cards, when I get time to work on these. I have a couple of quite large projects I'm working on for the shard at the moment so until those are done, there won't be many patches. I expect it to be a month or two before these are finished.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Firstly thank you jack for your prompt reply . And I do hope that you agree with the term " there are no stupid questions " as I do tend to have them from time to time. Honestly I have used 3 different guys to mine with and never once thought to just lock the skill so I wouldn't get useless colored ore .

As far as the Healing question is concerned In no terms do I ever think of anything as far as pvp goes , just how much more relevant a dexxer or melee would be here in pvm . It seems to me that if your not either a tamer or bard your put at a disadvantage when it comes to pvm . hopefully once slayers are implemented that all will change .

Thanks again jack for all that you do here .
I'll buy shadow,verite, gold and valorite ingots depending on price
(06-23-2015, 09:30 AM)Jack Wrote: Honestly I'll think over commodity deeds. I don't really feel they're necessary, I've done my fair share of bulk vendoring in T2A and never had to use a pack animal. Right now the best way to sell your boards would be via a player vendor, you can use a casted moongate to haul an entire stack of 60k in one go. The rest are as they are due to being in era. If you need a weapon repaired you must either visit a (player) blacksmith, be friends with a blacksmith or have someone willing to do it. It is possible to be completely self sufficient, but things like repair deeds just make being self sufficient even easier, which is not necessarily a good thing as there needs to be some sense of community.

Regarding ingots, you have the option to lock your mining at 64.9 which would stop you from ever mining anything but iron. Increasing the armor rating on higher ingot types is a balance issue, and one that is deeper than just damage inflicted - it also makes magic armor practically useless since you can just craft armor that's just as good.

Changing self healing is another balance issue. It would unbalance dexer types, which are already very strong in potion battles and arguably unbeatable in magic battles.

Yes, slayer weapons other than silver are on the cards, when I get time to work on these. I have a couple of quite large projects I'm working on for the shard at the moment so until those are done, there won't be many patches. I expect it to be a month or two before these are finished.

Hi Guy's,

Seem to remember if your Char hid then you could repair items same as GM Smithy, Does this apply here?.
Jack, how do you move 60k boards through a moongate? I tried this but my character cannot even move one step with that many boards, so no way to get onto the moongate.

If you hit moongate first, then pick up boards..you have no way to click yes on the gump.
Set up a keyboard macro to: dbl click moon gate

Cast a gate, start record on razor macro, dclick moon gate, then end recording.

Set a button to perform the macro.

To gate bulk stuff: get the heavy item/pile on mouse drag then hit your new gate button... Viola!

(10-15-2015, 01:48 PM)Abyz Wrote: Set up a keyboard macro to: dbl click moon gate

To gate bulk stuff: get the heavy item/pile on mouse drag then hit your new gate button... Viola!

You can also carry the stack and red potion spam to step.
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]
(10-15-2015, 01:48 PM)Abyz Wrote: Set up a keyboard macro to: dbl click moon gate

I thought of this after I asked, hadn't tried it yet, kudos for the confirmation Smile

Thanks Skrap also Wink