Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companions - Players Needed
Coming with patch 30, UO Lost Lands will have it's own Companion System which will allow veteran players to be notified, and offer a helping hand when new players log in. This is designed to go hand in hand with a new player tutorial, which will be optional for new players to partake in when they log in the shard. 

The tutorial system will be aimed at players brand new to Ultima Online and teach them the basics of using the game interface, and utilize small quests which show new players how to use the basic systems of Ultima Online (eg, mining ore, crafting an item, combat, digging up a treasure chest).

The companion system will be targeted at any new player who logs in to the shard, to introduce them to the community and give them a helping hand on getting acquainted with the systems and features we have here. It is not expected any companion "gives free stuff" to new players logging in the shard, but rather to introduce them to the shard. Companions are just regular players who are notified when new players start. Companions do not have any special abilities, except the option to go straight to these new players, provided the companion player is already in a safe area, alive and not in combat.

Help Needed!
If you are a veteran of UO Lost Lands and interested in helping see the shard grow, you can make an application to join the companion system. 

Please send an application to admin@uolostlands.com with the subject "Companion Application" and the following information:
  1. A list of your in-game account names.
  2. Why do you want to be a companion?
  3. How much experience do you have with T2A? Which shards have you played?
  4. How often do you play UO Lost Lands?
  5. What hours of the day (EST) do you typically play?
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Did this ever go into patch? Cause this would be great to help new players and i know a bunch of people to start playing UO if they had a tutorial showing them the basics as they have never played before.
Yes just fill out the application. We had some PKs (ahem) chase off a couple of companions so I am sure they need the help.
I nominate Skrappa.

(10-10-2015, 11:56 PM)Abyz Wrote: I nominate Skrappa
I told em I'd help however.
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]
I did this for a while on Ren but it doesn't work for me. I play as a companion anyway basically because half of my game or more is just helping people. It's a labor of love and I never felt great about being in a position outside the player level.
YOU NEVER HELPED ME BLAISE. Wink

(10-15-2015, 03:03 PM)Blaise Wrote: I did this for a while on Ren but it doesn't work for me. I play as a companion anyway basically because half of my game or more is just helping people. It's a labor of love and I never felt great about being in a position outside the player level.

(10-15-2015, 03:30 PM)Abyz Wrote: YOU NEVER HELPED ME BLAISE. Wink

same here haha throw us a bone blaise
Companions are still needed, if you are interested, please do apply.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
I'd be willing to help, but I can't do this during the day. 6PM CST and forward until my slumber, I could do.
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]